• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attacking “glass half full” posters after a loss…

Wundrbread33

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

A lot of Moore's and all the WRs for that matter problems are scheme. We also need two TEs to really be effective. It's why I would prefer a offensive minded coach. He could scheme a decent offensive and we have more talent on defense for a DC to work with. 

I agree on the offensive minded coach, but I'm less sure what we have behind Moore I think.  You may be right tho.

TEs would be huge, though.  Whomever our next QB will be will really benefit from a couple pass catchers at that position...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

In a normal season I would agree but we could win the division and still be under 500 as crazy as that is. It's almost a lose/lose. I just want a team to be proud of and excited for. That hasn't happened in a very long time. 

I would think that without some luck. We are looking at another 2 maybe even 3 years before we can celebrate. 

But I will add. That with everything that has to happen this offseason. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

11 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I agree on the offensive minded coach, but I'm less sure what we have behind Moore I think.  You may be right tho.

TEs would be huge, though.  Whomever our next QB will be will really benefit from a couple pass catchers at that position...

I was going to say that with 3 weeks left, we could get some valuable evaluation time. But with the way this year is ending. Not sure we will get much of that. 

An honest offseason player evaluation must be high on the list. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

I would think that without some luck. We are looking at another 2 maybe even 3 years before we can celebrate. 

But I will add. That with everything that has to happen this offseason. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

You would be surprised with the right coach. Something we rarely have had. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Snake said:

You would be surprised with the right coach. Something we rarely have had. 

Oh, I get it. The right coach can come in here and hit the ground running. Just continue building off what we have. 

That doesn't sound too difficult. Let the consultant pick a handful of candidates. Then let the interviews begin. Pick the guy who knows what we have, what he wants to do with it, and how he is going to go about getting it done. Bingo.

10 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Oh, I get it. The right coach can come in here and hit the ground running. Just continue building off what we have. 

That doesn't sound too difficult. Let the consultant pick a handful of candidates. Then let the interviews begin. Pick the guy who knows what we have, what he wants to do with it, and how he is going to go about getting it done. Bingo.

It sounds easy but if you look back at the Rhule hiring process and all the other coaches that interviewed none were that successful. You really have to have a FO that can find gold out of all the fools gold. 

• Beer 2

15 hours ago, Snake said:

In a normal season I would agree but we could win the division and still be under 500 as crazy as that is. It's almost a lose/lose. I just want a team to be proud of and excited for. That hasn't happened in a very long time. 

That’s something we can all agree on, and something we need to remind ourselves of. 

• Pie 2