• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little coaching info from Person

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Especially after the Pittsburgh game. 

Wilks is a good motivator and has this team believing they could win.  BUT when you get manhandled not once but twice there is something wrong with you in game adjustments. Cincinnati destroyed us and Pittsburgh demoralized us. 

Bring in an offensive minded HC and he'll hire a protege to be the OC and then you find a DC that will stay a DC even after a good season. Someone who's been a HC before and realizes his position in this league is a coordinator. 

Dom Capers is a Senior Defensive Assistant and is a perfect coach that fills my DC criteria.  He's been a HC twice.  His forte is defense.  If he were to come here as a DC he would probably stay even if we do well defensively.  

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

not sure if it goes here but peter king on "slow news day" podcast dropped the panthers as a potential landing spot for tom brady in 2023.

total poo show if that is an option

How would Tom Brady come to Carolina make any since?? Not pooing on you!! Sounds like someone talking out their ass!! If we go old ass QB route I want Rodgers!!

Edited by DamnItJake!

57 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Wilks is a good motivator and has this team believing they could win.  BUT when you get manhandled not once but twice there is something wrong with you in game adjustments. Cincinnati destroyed us and Pittsburgh demoralized us. 

Bring in an offensive minded HC and he'll hire a protege to be the OC and then you find a DC that will stay a DC even after a good season. Someone who's been a HC before and realizes his position in this league is a coordinator. 

Dom Capers is a Senior Defensive Assistant and is a perfect coach that fills my DC criteria.  He's been a HC twice.  His forte is defense.  If he were to come here as a DC he would probably stay even if we do well defensively.  

Not a Huge fan of Capers and his roots are in the 3-4. As of right now we need a 4-3 guy because our players fit that better sans Burns. Wilks imo has a lot going against him. For one Al Holcomb will be DC. Second picking a OC will be an issue because his coaching tree is pretty thin. His failures in AZ will be his failures in Carolina if allowed to be head coach. He lacks experience and connections to win. Yes he's a great leader of men and is a better coach than Rhule but that bar is set really really low. Rhule was the absolute worst coach in the league. Whoever we try to hire they need a good coaching tree and also be a good leader and coordinator. That's why imo DeMarco Ryan and Shane Steichen are my top two guys. They both have a deep tree to pluck from and have excelled in being a coordinator. Something Wilks didn't do. Not only that but Steichen has developed two young QBs in recent history. Something we need deeply for a fresh start. 

Edited by Snake

7 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

not sure if it goes here but peter king on "slow news day" podcast dropped the panthers as a potential landing spot for tom brady in 2023.

What would be intriguing is drafting a qb in the first and then signing Brady.  Let the kid pick Brady's brain for a year, along with Matt Corral.

12 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t blame Brady if he wants to leave. That operation in Tampa have been a complete crap-show. Bowles is such a bad HC. 

5 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

What would be intriguing is drafting a qb in the first and then signing Brady.  Let the kid pick Brady's brain for a year, along with Matt Corral.

We would be one of the handful of teams interested in him

He could easily win the nfcs

We would covet him for numerous reasons and with his lack of options and us being an east coast team it could work

11 hours ago, hepcat said:

I like Steve Wilks but I really don’t care which coach the players want. Most of them won’t be here in 3 years let alone next year. 

This. 

The only caveat imo is that if Fitt is looking for a defensive minded head coach there’s no reason to go in a different direction from Wilkes. If he wants an O minded HC then Wilkes is gone and id back up the Brinks truck for Payton and do everything possible to get Lamar Jackson (bc that’s who Payton is going to want). 

9 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

This. 

The only caveat imo is that if Fitt is looking for a defensive minded head coach there’s no reason to go in a different direction from Wilkes. If he wants an O minded HC then Wilkes is gone and id back up the Brinks truck for Payton and do everything possible to get Lamar Jackson (bc that’s who Payton is going to want). 

I'd like Payton here but there's absolutely no chance the saints trade his rights away to a division rival. It wouldn't surprise me if Tepper did something like giving Wilks a 2- year extension with a mandate of win a playoff game then dumping him to go after Payton when his contract expires after the 2024 season. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I'd like Payton here but there's absolutely no chance the saints trade his rights away to a division rival. It wouldn't surprise me if Tepper did something like giving Wilks a 2- year extension with a mandate of win a playoff game then dumping him to go after Payton when his contract expires after the 2024 season. 

From the article...

...the former Saints coach told Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer he isn’t interested in Carolina.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2