• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Gen Stat Passing Scores

CPcavedweller

Good for Darnold but he still isn't the answer. Darnold hasn't lost us a game yet this year, so that's great.  He was pretty good last week. But we also don't win games because of him, but because our offense minimizes the reliance on him.

But this thread... Man, realistically the dude may be a backup for us but he isn't gonna lead this team to a Superbowl. 5 years and 50+ games into his NFL career he gets a single game with some kind of top rating in some weird stats category and that's what you hang your hat on?

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Good for Darnold but he still isn't the answer. Darnold hasn't lost us a game yet this year, so that's great.  He was pretty good last week. 

But this thread... Man, realistically the dude may be a backup for us but he isn't gonna lead this team to a Superbowl. 5 years and 50+ games into his NFL career he gets a single game with some kind of top rating in some weird stats category and that's what you hang your hat on?

I do not think anyone is suggesting anything like that.  I doubt anyone has said anything remotely close about him being the answer.  Its just something positive in an otherwise crappy performance by the team. Especially for Sam Darnold.  I'll take it over the usual Sam Darnold passing performance. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I do not think anyone is suggesting anything like that.  I doubt anyone has said anything remotely close about him being the answer.  Its just something positive in an otherwise crappy performance by the team. Especially for Sam Darnold.  I'll take it over the usual Sam Darnold passing performance. 

there are a couple of posters (check out the gameday thread) that believe pretty strongly that we shouldn't draft a QB etc and build around Darnold, and the OP has basically said similar things.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When your entire passing game is built around the simplest throws a QB is asked to make them you expect high efficiency but you're running that offense because you can't trust your QB.

Lol right? Our entire offensive strategy has been “don’t let Sam lose the game for us,” and we have people on here bragging about his rating…. I think Hubbard got him like a quarter of his total yards on a simple quick pass. 

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Sam can make any throw needed but his issues is the processing and decision making…always has been. There were a number of times where he holds onto the ball too long.

Yes, that seems to be an issue.  It seems the target gets open, and it takes him another second to make the throw. 

I know that many don't want Corral but one of his attributes is his quick decision and release.  I would love to see what he can do with some real Reps next year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yes, that seems to be an issue.  It seems the target gets open, and it takes him another second to make the throw. 

I know that many don't want Corral but one of his attributes is his quick decision and release.  I would love to see what he can do with some real Reps next year. 

Corral was able to make “quick decisions” because Ole Miss ran a RPO. It was a very simplistic one read system. That’s his big question mark (aside from staying healthy). Can he go through progressions and read a NFL defense?

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Corral was able to make “quick decisions” because Ole Miss ran a RPO. It was a very simplistic one read system. That’s his big question mark (aside from staying healthy). Can he go through progressions and read a NFL defense?

The "healthy" portion IMO is over blown.  His injury in preseason was a freak accident but whatever.  

I've seen some clips where he doesn't always go to the first read.  But you can make an argument that ALL of the QBs coming out in this draft have just as many question marks as Corral does. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Darnold had a great start under Brady and probably his best stats for that matter. Still even a passing guru like Brady couldn't get more than 6 games out of him. McAdoo has hid him well but if you're not winning games it doesn't matter much. Walker is still the best QB on the roster and that's not saying much. 

• Pie 1