• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Zach Wilson play reminds me EXACTLY of Corral

DMathematics

It would be complete madness, after seeing Corral in preseason look like a high school QB, to move forward with just Corral and Sam. Even if we dump Sam we still need to bring in someone who can start now, and possibly a backup other than PJ as well.

Basically I want PJ replaced by a younger QB, and Sam possibly replaced with a better veteran QB if one is available. Corral can compete and learn with our other developmental prospect. PJ can go back to the practice squad and be there in case of multiple QB injuries.

Over the course of the 2023 season, if Corral looks promising, then we can give him the reigns. If not, then he'll probably end up being a long term backup.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

He also wants a fully guaranteed contract and those are 0/2 on an epic scale of don't do it or else. 

After Watson getting that after missing a full season and being accused of sexual assault by numerous people, he unfortunately set the bar for players who feel they are on par or better than him. To me, Lamar is better and is a great dude and great leader, maybe only three of four years will be guaranteed, maybe it all will, but to me he’s worth it. 

A lack of practice reps is huge for a QB. He needs to know the play, read the defense, know where to go with the ball pre-snap, adjust and go through progressions after the snap, know how his receiver will run the route and where they want/need the ball (they're all a little different), and throw the ball accurately and on time. 

4 or 5 reps with non-starters a practice doesn't prepare him. Mental reps can only go so far. 

Cam looked like trash during his rookie preseason and ended up breaking passing records his first 2 games. And he got ALL the practice reps.

Would much rather give Corral a chance before reaching for a project QB in the first. Particulary if it means foregoing a high-level TE, LB, FS, WR, etc.

Never REACH for need in the first round. 

5 hours ago, The Lobo said:

After Watson getting that after missing a full season and being accused of sexual assault by numerous people, he unfortunately set the bar for players who feel they are on par or better than him. To me, Lamar is better and is a great dude and great leader, maybe only three of four years will be guaranteed, maybe it all will, but to me he’s worth it. 

In the fully guaranteed contract conversation it's a lot less about Watson's personal issues but the fact that him and Wilson have turned into failure 100%. I like Lamar but a fully guaranteed contact which he is asking for in the NFL for a top QB contract with a cap in place is a non-starter IMO and the fact the Ravens are haven't signed him long-term while still wanting to do so suggest it's an issue.

I wouldn't want us to do it for any player at the numbers you are talking about with a franchise QB attached. I have no idea how either the Browns or Broncos salvage their situations. 

14 hours ago, hepcat said:

Corral isn’t even as athletic as Zach Wilson. Wilson was just a bad prospect. Very overhyped due to the pre draft process and some big throws he made against sh*t opponents in college. I thought his ceiling was Mitch Trubisky but he’s even worse than that. Jury is still out on most of these guys but I feel like I was close on my assessments of the 2021 class! 

What's funny is do you remember the throw he made back across the field during his pro day that everyone climaxed over? He tried that on Thursday in a real game and it promptly got intercepted!🤣

The good news, Corral has maybe only played two quarters of preseason football with trash 4th stringers and had very limited reps in practice. Comparing Wilson verse Corral means Wilson has been a bust so far. Let’s judge Corral after the next preseason if he gets a fair shot to compete.    

14 hours ago, Navy_football said:

A lack of practice reps is huge for a QB. He needs to know the play, read the defense, know where to go with the ball pre-snap, adjust and go through progressions after the snap, know how his receiver will run the route and where they want/need the ball (they're all a little different), and throw the ball accurately and on time. 

4 or 5 reps with non-starters a practice doesn't prepare him. Mental reps can only go so far. 

Cam looked like trash during his rookie preseason and ended up breaking passing records his first 2 games. And he got ALL the practice reps.

Would much rather give Corral a chance before reaching for a project QB in the first. Particulary if it means foregoing a high-level TE, LB, FS, WR, etc.

Never REACH for need in the first round. 

Cam and Jake were both gamers who always looked better on Sundays than they did in practice or preseason. Hell, Jake usually looked like a rookie UDFA who wouldn't make it past first cuts in camp.

23 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Imagine thinking a qb is a bust after just 2 years…. Alex smith was worse for probably 6-7 years, lots of QBs were bad their first few years.

said he was a bust before he even got drafted.

So happy we dodge that bullet and hey maybe the Jets trade comes back to bite them in the a$$, Sammy GingerBreadMan Darnold is better than Wilson..lmao