• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Props

TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Lions were the toughest team left on our scheudle, but yes we will see the rest of the way. I just wouldnt dismiss this game bc it was against the lions... they were the 2nd hottest team in the league heading into this weekend.

They had a terrible D even when winning. That reared it's ugly head again for them. Not gonna complain. They do have a heck of an offense and the way we ran away from them early was impressive. 

The D really did turn around after the Steelers game. Props to wilks and company on that improvement.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Lions were the toughest team left on our scheudle, but yes we will see the rest of the way. I just wouldnt dismiss this game bc it was against the lions... they were the 2nd hottest team in the league heading into this weekend.

Goff had twice as many attempts and outplayed Darnold who had 200 rushing yards to fall back on. I was told Trubisky didn't have to do much under similar circumstances last week when we lost to the Steelers. Sam just had to not mess up. That's good. I'm expecting a great deal more.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It isn't like Goff imploded or something, either.  We just outmuscled them.

Just now, frankw said:

Goff had twice as many attempts and outplayed Darnold who had 200 rushing yards to fall back on. I was told Trubisky didn't have to do much under similar circumstances last week when we lost to the Steelers. Sam just had to not mess up. That's good. I'm expecting a great deal more.

Did Goff win??  Stats arent winning football games... protecting the ball and putting it in your playmaker's hands is the forumala to winning.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I dunno man, Sam actually stepped up in the 2nd half and made the plays when we needed to in order to keep the Lions out of reach.  I don't think he is some long term answer but he had a fine game today and I think it's okay to credit him for that.

Regarding Goff, definitely he played better.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I dunno man, Sam actually stepped up in the 2nd half and made the plays when we needed to in order to keep the Lions out of reach.  I don't think he is some long term answer but he had a fine game today and I think it's okay to credit him for that.

Regarding Goff, definitely he played better.

Definitely an option as a backup on the cheap if he's interested. He may have other opportunities though

• Pie 1

I’d argue that Darnold isn’t necessarily managing the game as much as he’s just following the game script. Whether you like it or not, this is how Wilks’ coach’s. It’s a run heavy offense and it’s very Riveraesque.

All Sam can do is make plays within the confines of the game plan. It would be one thing if Sam was turning the ball over and leaving a bunch of big plays on the board. But in reality, he’s making damn near every play that’s there for him. I give our OL a bunch of credit because Darnold can make all the throws, he just doesn’t process the game as quick as the elite QB’s of the NFL. With that said, with time, he’s shown that he’s a capable QB.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 4

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Lions
Detroit Passing

TEAM

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG  
25/42 355 8.5 3 0 2-19 110.7  
25/42 336 8.5 3 0 2-19 110.7  

Panthers
Carolina Passing

TEAM

15/22 250 11.4 1 0 0-0 121.4  

I  would not say Goff outplayed Darnold.  He threw more because he had to.  Goff completed 60% of his passes...Darnold completed 68%

• Pie 9

12 minutes ago, ladypanther said:
Lions
Detroit Passing

TEAM

Panthers
Carolina Passing

TEAM

I  would not say Goff outplayed Darnold.  He threw more because he had to.  Goff completed 60% of his passes...Darnold completed 68%

Its also hard to make the comparison within the confines of the different offenses - I do think Goff played well, they just got so far behind so early...

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:
Lions
Detroit Passing

TEAM

Panthers
Carolina Passing

TEAM

Well that cuts both ways doesn't it? We all have seen the results when Darnold has threw more because he had to. Goff still put 21 points on the board. Darnold had a formidable run game do much of the heavy lifting. And again just a week ago I had people telling me that Trubisky didn't outplay Darnold because he too had a formidable rushing attack. Some of these responses are why Sam gets the rep he has around here. You guys make too big a deal out of even average results. We need more. And consistently against tougher competition. That's not a slight against Darnold or any other QB on our roster. It's just realism. Happy with the win though. Good talk.

Edited by frankw