• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Is Ballin

restNChrist

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

His two head coaches have been ADAM GASE and MATT RHULE. Arguably two of the worst NFL head coaches since the year 2000.

If you put him in Los Angeles with the Rams what would mcvay get out of him? Dude could probably win a Super Bowl and look elite doing it.

The issue isn't Darnold. 

And since you're an expert, who do you propose we draft to replace him? How many picks do you suppose we send to San Fransisco for a guy with the same problems in Jimmy G? There are no free agent QB's who will be better and no one we can draft will have a higher ceiling. Unless you want Anthony...barf...Richardson. Or worse...Will Levis...

We need to a build a team and see what Darnold can do with quality tight ends, a quality 3rd receiver, and a competent (the first of his career) coaching staff.

The thing about starting 3-0 last year was our offense was built around CMC. Now our offense is far more generic and is not reliant on a single player to work, thus this streak is not an anomaly like that was. 

We aren't replacing Darnold because we shouldn't. There is no one out there we can get, or should get, who is going to be better in the short or long term, especially in this draft. You put a mew QB in amd you have the same issues of the worst tight ends in the league and two quality receivers.

You're a Darnold believer I get it. That's swell for you sir. But all of this is unsettled we do not yet know what Darnold is or isn't pertaining to if he has truly turned a corner as a starter. One game against the Lions doesn't change nearly 5 full seasons of gametape. These are the facts.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're a Darnold believer I get it. That's swell for you sir. But all of this is unsettled we do not yet know what Darnold is or isn't pertaining to if he has truly turned a corner as a starter. One game against the Lions doesn't change nearly 5 full seasons of gametape. These are the facts.

we drafted Corral. All of you looking for some immediate splash QB and there hasn't been that many in the last five years. We don't have the personnel to develop a QB. Fields is awful, Wilson is awful, Trevor is just now coming around and it took an offensive mind to start to get him there. 

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Darnold is a decent backup/bridge option I have no issues with him from a personal standpoint it's the lunacy from some expecting him to become a franchise quarterback at this stage. It's possible but that storyline is stale. See what he does these next two games. From there draft a QB in 2023 no matter what. Simple enough process for me 🤷‍♂️

Well we apparently have the exact same opinion. I would love him to turn out to be a franchise QB but I doubt odds are in that favor with how everything started with him. He has the physical tools it totally appears but not sure if he has been ruined or just never had it all the way to be a great starter in the NFL. I too would sit back and evaluate then daft another QB 2023 and hope someone in this entire group proves to have a great future as the teams QB to lead us to a Super Bowl trophy. My bet is worst case scenario Darnold can make a hell of a decent backup if he continues to show some growth and trend upward.

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Playing to his strengths, middle of the field to TE's/slots, quick flat throws, rollout/bootlegs , play action passing. 

yea much like the CMC deal, panthers have a coach thats not able to find a role for CMC....the kicker is more than likley he is gone at seasons end......

he did the same for baker. ben is bad system only OC and panthers are making future plans based off of his problems....awful...

Is anyone actually noticing that the two teams he did well against were the RAIDERS and the BRONCOS?? 

The teams he's playing against are a big reason why he did well in those games. Along with what everyones been saying, the McVay factor.  

Let me know when he dices up multiple playoff teams and does it consistently. Until then, I wont believe Bakers any better than mediocre.  

Edited by Pantha-kun

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I think we were 28th in offensive yards per game on the season, but sure let one game against the Lion’s defense decide his future…. 

19th in PPG right now.

I'm not saying he's a savant, but I think he's doing an ok job with the tools at his disposal. Especially since Darnold came back.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

19th in PPG right now.

I'm not saying he's a savant, but I think he's doing an ok job with the tools at his disposal. Especially since Darnold came back.

He is an improvement over Rhule, but 19th considering the weak defenses we have played isn’t that good…