• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper is keen on Will Levis

Chris Smitty

23 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

We currently pick 8 and first round qb's have some of the biggest bust rates of any position. Blindly taking a qb in round 1 is not the answer. We need to keep our options open. Quality qb falls to us take him. If not, trade back and take the Notre Dame TE or edge or wr. I still want to see what Corral can do with some real coaching and practice snaps. 

If I didn’t think our roster was right there with being able to compete I would agree. The only way teams can beat us right now is by forcing Darnold to beat them. See the Steelers game, I don’t know the exact number of rush yards we had, but it wasn’t good at all. The Steelers scored 24 points and won by 8. 

We are a QB away from being real contenders. What free agent do you see being able to put us over the top in the next few years? I see none. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I take the reports about Tepper liking players seriously.

From what we've seen though, I don't think that means anything.

It has already been reported from insiders that Tepper lets the football people make the decisions. He is just included in the discussions. He isnt running the franchise like a dictator, and he even said in his presser that he doesnt want to be the guy making picks for the football team. That's why he hired Fitt.

35 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not broken Wentz was an mvp talent.   

i think the big problem is a QB having all the tools and what he does with them. Josh Allen has them all and uses them correctly. Carson Wentz has all the tools and misuses them. 

one other major issue wentz has is his attitude...abrasive personality, poor leadership skills, not coachable. none of these things have i heard being issues for Levis. 

the only comparison i see talked about is a guy with top tier talent and ability, but who is massively inconsistent.

Just now, rayzor said:

i think the big problem is a QB having all the tools and what he does with them. Josh Allen has them all and uses them correctly. Carson Wentz has all the tools and misuses them. 

one other major issue wentz has is his attitude...abrasive personality, poor leadership skills, not coachable. none of these things have i heard being issues for Levis. 

the only comparison i see talked about is a guy with top tier talent and ability, but who is massively inconsistent.

For sure but imo the major injuries early in his career has made him gun shy about playing.   He doesn't like to get hit so he throws bad passes and he is reluctant to move around and out of the pocket.   Those injuries must have taken a wicked toll on him.  Similarly to luck but he just said fug it I'm done.  Not worth it 

41 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It has already been reported from insiders that Tepper lets the football people make the decisions. He is just included in the discussions. He isnt running the franchise like a dictator, and he even said in his presser that he doesnt want to be the guy making picks for the football team. That's why he hired Fitt.

Dr Lunker told me otherwise 😕