• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So the Titans giving up on Malik Willis already?

GoobyPls

Just now, jasonluckydog said:

Some QBs have that touch. Look at what Purdy did when he came in; now he looks like the second coming of Dan Montana.

Malik had his chance he doesn't have it.

There’s developmental with flashes, then there developmental dud, then Hackenburg. He’s looking like the developmental dud.

I mean, he looked baddd. Couldn’t break 150 passing and one of those games was Houston. And he’s got Henry opening up the pass and scramble game for him. 

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

There’s developmental with flashes, then there developmental dud, then Hackenburg. He’s looking like the developmental dud.

I mean, he looked baddd. Couldn’t break 150 passing and one of those games was Houston. And he’s got Henry opening up the pass and scramble game for him. 

The announcers were just talking about it. He isn’t getting the ball out fast enough. That’s basically processing speed which gets better with experience. They even mentioned Dobbs being in the league for 6 years helps him process much quicker than a rookie like Willis. Us fans tend to get impatient if rookies don’t shine right away, but a project QB like Willis usually takes some time.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rookie year does not a career make. Vince Young was ROY. So was Sam Bradford and RG3. Meanwhile, Josh Allen barely threw for 2000 yards at a 52% clip with more INTs than TDs.

Cam Newton 4000 passing yds, 21 Tds 17ints, 84.5 passer rating, and I am not including his rushing stats,Rookie Of The Year 

We new Cam was special his first game , and he just got better 

• Pie 5

23 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I thought he hasn't broken 100

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Cam Newton 4000 passing yds, 21 Tds 17ints, 84.5 passer rating, and I am not including his rushing stats,Rookie Of The Year 

We new Cam was special his first game , and he just got better 

Yep. Some guys are great as rookies and keep it up. Some look promising and flame out. Some look bad and settle in. You really don't know for sure what you truly have in a guy until year three.

The reality though is that Willis was a mid-round pick. He hasn't lit the world on fire to say the least. If the Titans see a guy in the draft they perceive as a likely upgrade I'm sure they won't hesitate the draft him.

• Pie 3

I mean it was obvious Malik couldn't pass in a pro offense pre-draft, we had countless threads on this, just go back and look who was wrong and who was right 🙂

Malik may have a Geno Smith-like resurgence later in his career, but it will be on his 3rd/4th team. You don't draft players like that.

• Pie 3

I love all the excuses for Willis.  These same excuses are coming from the Corral is garbage folks.  Same guys that wanted Willis in the first round. 

Of Course, he needs more time, LOTS MORE TIME.  There is a difference in guys like Allen that showed flashes and then stupidity.  Hell he still does it.   Willis, from what I have seen is WAY WAY WAY over his head.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1