• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's your offer to Chicago?

BrisbanePanther

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

And all of that is way too much for a team that needs help at WR, TE, LB, DT and DE. 

At the end of the day Sam Darnold is not going to keep any defensive coordinator up at night. We will shoot our shot no matter how much folks like yourself dislike it.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would generally probably just pass on a massive trade up, even if it were for someone like Young.

Young is the only QB I would move up for in this draft. Stroud had his best game last night and played well under some of the pressure, but at other times he looked like he has all season when pressured. If he is there when the Panthers pick, fine, take him. Otherwise, pass.

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Young is the only QB I would move up for in this draft. Stroud had his best game last night and played well under some of the pressure, but at other times he looked like he has all season when pressured. If he is there when the Panthers pick, fine, take him. Otherwise, pass.

If Young ends up being the #1 overall target for Houston, I would shudder to think what that would cost. Keep in mind the Texans stood their ground and got a massive haul from the Browns. I don't imagine that becomes easier with what they have now.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I loved Vince.  He didn't throw it like Stroud tonight.  And I've been a big detractor of Stroud until that game.  That's the best defense in the country and he dotted them up and showed incredible decision-making.  I didn't believe in him being a franchise guy until tonight.  I still don't think we have to do anything crazy to move up, but he definitely looks more appealing and prolly just put himself square as the frontrunner for the #1 pick.

This is where I am with him now. I was firmly in the pro-Young (or Williams/Maye) side and was lukewarm on Stroud, but he had Kirby Smart vexed and you could see it on his face.  All the while, Stroud seemed just as composed and cool in what was clearly a road game against the current champs. And without his top receiver he almost willed his team to a win using a skillset that many called his weakness. He never made a dumb play or a play that risked the game and was clearly the only reason why OSU had a chance, and if the kicker does his job, the whole narrative changes. I went from meh to sold.

I'm offering Chicago 8 this year, a #1 in '25, and a #2 in '24 and '26 (need the #1 in 24 to maybe package with DJ to take Harrison Jr for Burrow/Chase 2.0). I'd have to make sure to beat Indy's offer and maybe Detroit, Vegas, and Atlanta. If we back into the division win, then it's Trey Lance territory and I'm not even thinking twice. To balk at this conveniently misremembers the price of our latest wins. 

Edited by BrisbanePanther
Missed word and typo

4 hours ago, Thorrez said:

They get a haul this year too beef up the team so they can put someone in a better situation next year.

As they have recent first hand experience what happens when a top two pick busts, I think they listen to offers.

However, this is a straw. I think you are correct in that they will just pick a QB.

You guys are high. They are sold on Fields and will take Anderson or Carter if they stay at 2. They are looking to move back but not drop significantly. 

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Stroud lost a big game and deflated in the 4th quarter. Young showed himself to be a system product and went untested by KState.

Both are good game managers, but have shown they are not capable of transitioning to the NFL game in less than 40 NFL games. They will not be winning NFL games at the level necessary to be a good franchise QB and win in the playoffs during their rookie contracts. Possible developmental QBs over their rookie contract who may be playoff ready 28 to 30 years of age. Not 1st round worthy if you want to be a championship team.

The same mold of a Baker Mayfield, Justin Fields, Matt Leinhart, or Jared Goff.

You would have a better shot at winning games in the NFL with Stetson Bennett IV who would be a late round pick at best and overlooked by most. Bennett won't be a combine warrior, but he can read any defense, has a great feel for the pocket, is masterful at moving safeties, and knows when his receiver will break into a defensive opening. I'm not sure how far I believe Bennett will get in the NFL in his career, but he will have more success than Stroud or Young if he is given an opportunity to start for a team in the NFL. Reminds me of Warren Moon. He'll likely get slammed like Moon did.

Why draft bennett when we could just sign aqueel glass?

Edited by mrcompletely11

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If Young ends up being the #1 overall target for Houston, I would shudder to think what that would cost. Keep in mind the Texans stood their ground and got a massive haul from the Browns. I don't imagine that becomes easier with what they have now.

True. Hopefully the Texans will prefer Stroud or Levis. If the Panthers want to move up to a top 3 pick, it's going to cost at least 2 firsts, if not 3 anyway.

• Pie 1