• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The letdown is disappointing but it's good for the future

LinvilleGorge

If not for the fact Tepper will pick the next HC by him self, I would agree. 

But... 

History under Tepper will show, we will win next week for moral you know, then he will pick a shitty HC. We will have a flame out Carr as our wildly expensive QB and will win 5-7 games next year.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

FTR, I'm fine retaining Darnold for food backup money. Seems like a great guy in the locker room and he could be a good bridge to a rookie if need be so we're not forced to play a rookie before he's ready.

Yeah not hanging har on Sam long term, hell short term, but there are worse options out there (crab legs, Wentz, baker, Houston's poo).

Also even with the secondary we have, lord we need more. And move chinn back to LB. Honestly the D is the side that's been the let down with the investments there. Couldn't get pressure in any big game. 

21 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Not to mention we now have an easier schedule next year and don't have to play the Bills and Eagles.

Cowboys are gonna win the East.  Minshew is awful and Hurts won’t be ready next week.  Giants will beat the Eagles and Cowboys will win the division.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, chbright said:

Yeah not hanging har on Sam long term, hell short term, but there are worse options out there (crab legs, Wentz, baker, Houston's poo).

Also even with the secondary we have, lord we need more. And move chinn back to LB. Honestly the D is the side that's been the let down with the investments there. Couldn't get pressure in any big game. 

Chinn needs to be a traditional strong safety who spends at least half his time in the box. Yes, CB is a significant need. I don't think you can count on D-Jax bouncing back from that Achilles and lord knows we already need depth there even if he can.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

FTR, I'm fine retaining Darnold for food backup money. Seems like a great guy in the locker room and he could be a good bridge to a rookie if need be so we're not forced to play a rookie before he's ready.

what is "food" backup money? 

Is that the same as lunch money?