• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really missing Reddick

Jmac

Without pressure, guys like Brady will tear your ass up. Throwing the shorter stuff to keep the chains moving, then go deep against two sh%tty corners with no help against a future HOF player...three times. 

Without Reddick to aid in the pressure, Burns can't do it all. While Reddick is playing well in Philly, we are a one trick pony with Burns. The man needs help to apply the pressure needed.

Should have tried to retain him if possible. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

We got more pressure on Brady today than we did when we beat them earlier in the season.  

But our secondary was far better then and their receivers were worse.  

I think the only difference is we had Jackson and Horn for round 1, if we had Jackson and Horn for todays game we win.

• Pie 4

Just now, Knaakedup said:

People poo all over me when I brought this up, but Reddick is twice the end that Burns is. Not giving Burns up for the Rams 2nd this year and then consecutive 1st’s is a fireable offense for Fit. 

For fans it's a 2nd and 2 1sts; for the team it more like 2 2nds and a 3rd depending on where they value the Rams picks in 2024 and 2025.  Orgs generally cut the value of the pick in half each year in the future they are.  Not saying that you and I need to do the same in our minds, just explaining what the apparent thoughts are of football execs there.

We also don't know why the deal wasn't taken... I'm very curious what all went into the decision and I doubt we will ever know.

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

Without pressure, guys like Brady will tear your ass up. Throwing the shorter stuff to keep the chains moving, then go deep against two sh%tty corners with no help against a future HOF player...three times. 

Without Reddick to aid in the pressure, Burns can't do it all. While Reddick is playing well in Philly, we are a one trick pony with Burns. The man needs help to apply the pressure needed.

Should have tried to retain him if possible. 

And for all the praise I've given him from his early season performance, imagine if we could actually get pressure up the middle with Derrick Brown. It doesn't even have to be a bookend for Burns...  in fact, most of the best passers in the league struggle the most with interior pressure.  We get absolutely zero push outside of Burns or bringing an extra blitzer from wide.

I think Reddick was our best defensive player last year.  I think the main reason we didn't re-sign him was all the BS going after QB's and trying to save money for that ultimately futile endeavor.

Anyway, Reddick has been good this year, but I think Burns has honestly been better, at least this year.  Reddick has double digit sacks, but he's on a much better line overall and not getting double teamed like Burns.

Regardless, Edge Rusher is IMO the most important need on this team, right up there with QB.

Any maybe moreso given that Darnold has played like a competent starter over the past month.

YGM has been a little better lately (he did have a nice ST block on that FG and some pressures today), but both him and Haynes are really rotational players.  We need another guy who can consistently get pressure, and we don't have it.

The only thing I will say, having Reddick and Burns on the field last year gave us 2 very capable pass rushers, but it left us very vulnerable against the run since both guys are somewhat undersized in terms of being a run stopper.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

For fans it's a 2nd and 2 1sts; for the team it more like 2 2nds and a 3rd depending on where they value the Rams picks in 2024 and 2025.  Orgs generally cut the value of the pick in half each year in the future they are.  Not saying that you and I need to do the same in our minds, just explaining what the apparent thoughts are of football execs there.

We also don't know why the deal wasn't taken... I'm very curious what all went into the decision and I doubt we will ever know.

I think it really depends on the team on whether you cut the value or not. The Rams aren't looking good. Stafford's elbow looks done. They've already given up this year's first. The question is do you believe the Rams are headed to the playoffs the next 2 years. I'm skeptical based simply on the rumors of Donald possibly retiring, McVay being up in the air, QB questions, and so on. Even if you think the 24 and 25 picks are in the teens, added to 35-37 this year, is a good haul. Even if they make the playoffs, late 1st picks could be very useful for a team in a rebuild, plus as trade capitol. 

I doubt we ever know either. I genuinely think the Rams were trying to win it all this year because the wheels are coming off next year and they knew it. After watching what Reddick did this year for about 60% of what we're going to pay Burns, It makes it even harder to think we turned it down. Of course NFL execs have their own way of thinking, but it doesn't mean my Monday morning GM skills don't think Fitts was wrong to turn it down.

• Pie 3

6 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

What was the reason for not resigning Reddick?

And letting him walk and help turn the Eagles into the most dominant pass rushing team in the league?

He took a prove it desk and proved it so he cashed in with a winner.

We could have tagged at $19M but he was never interested in signing here long term. So basically a one year rental was the only possibility.