• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really missing Reddick

Jmac

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I basically think any team secure in their beliefs on the playoffs this year and in the future would decline it, frankly. I really don't think it is quite the haul a lot of people here do, because again, it was so far in the future - basically the total value was barely over a first round pick this year in the middle of the round (~1170 for the trade vs 1000 for pick 16).  Obviously those draft value charges are highly dependent on how the Panthers viewed the Rams future stock.  Then again, I probably would still have personally done it because I think we need to really hit reset.  Of course, that also means one or both of those first rounders have to hit on an edge rusher, which isn't a guarantee.  Ugh.

Yeah and that is where I do tend to agree, some teams may not want to disrupt a successful run(also keep in mind the trade deadline is Week 8). 

I also generally disagree on the "future picks having less value." I don't think they are quite as devalued as you do.

It really doesn't matter. Burns career arc will judge the compensation and decision. Especially since that offer is long gone now.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

16 hours ago, Waldo said:

We paid Jackson instead. Now both of our starting CBs are IR bookends.

It was such a stupid move to let him run away after getting him for so cheap in 2021. He honestly set the framework for Burns' worth, less than Riddick's $15 per year.

We should of just kept Bradberry and saved our first and second round picks. This franchise makes the dumbest moves, you just gotta laugh at this point. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and that is where I do tend to agree, some teams may not want to disrupt a successful run(also keep in mind the trade deadline is Week 8). 

I also generally disagree on the "future picks having less value." I don't think they are quite as devalued as you do.

It really doesn't matter. Burns career arc will judge the compensation and decision. Especially since that offer is long gone now.

That's fair and I'm sure some front offices do this differently.  But, this logic comes from reports associated with Belichick and others years ago about the draft value chart (and is originally from a poster here named Cyberjag YEARS ago), and how the value of the pick is cut in half per year in the future, combined with the belief that draft values are based at approximately the middle point of the draft when the pick is unknown, plus or minus a few positions depending on how teams think they other will do (and as part of the negotiations this is apparently typical - Panthers probably argued "oh but you're going to be back to 10 wins next year" etc).  

I also think, we only have one side of that trade, and I think it is very possible we don't know the full details.

Regardless I agree... We'll see how things go... I hope Burns makes it worth keeping him for our team.

• Beer 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

That's fair and I'm sure some front offices do this differently.  But, this logic comes from reports associated with Belichick and others years ago about the draft value chart (and is originally from a poster here named Cyberjag YEARS ago), and how the value of the pick is cut in half per year in the future, combined with the belief that draft values are based at approximately the middle point of the draft when the pick is unknown, plus or minus a few positions depending on how teams think they other will do (and as part of the negotiations this is apparently typical - Panthers probably argued "oh but you're going to be back to 10 wins next year" etc).  

I also think, we only have one side of that trade, and I think it is very possible we don't know the full details.

Regardless I agree... We'll see how things go... I hope Burns makes it worth keeping him for our team.

I definitely don't like all that getting leaked. Burns and his agent are going to fuging rape us on that deal. Or, even worse, we can't come to an agreement and he ends up eventually getting away.

I think we will all be salty about that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

We should of just kept Bradberry and saved our first and second round picks. This franchise makes the dumbest moves, you just gotta laugh at this point. 

His contract was even hard for NY to justify keeping so as much as I loved Bradbury you want to be the Eagles and get the good players at good prices at the right times. He is getting paid 7.25 this year and they are pushing 4 aditional years of dead money Saints style to hide the cap hit this year, not the 14.5 average in NY which would have resulted in us cutting him also. In both of those deals, Riddick and Bradbury, you want to be the Eagles though I think they are selling their future cap for a SB this year but at least they look like it's working this year. Roseman seems to have a great year and then go back to .500 so it will be interesting to see if he can hold it together which he hasn't in the past. 

Edited by Waldo

On 1/1/2023 at 6:23 PM, Jmac said:

Without pressure, guys like Brady will tear your ass up. Throwing the shorter stuff to keep the chains moving, then go deep against two sh%tty corners with no help against a future HOF player...three times. 

Without Reddick to aid in the pressure, Burns can't do it all. While Reddick is playing well in Philly, we are a one trick pony with Burns. The man needs help to apply the pressure needed.

Should have tried to retain him if possible. 

agreed 100%