• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Set This Team Back

Rhule was trash and the change to Wilkes accomplished several things.  First it finally proved what we all knew & that was Rhule was trash.  We also got to see some players Rhule left on the sideline & showed some of the young guys there is a desire to win here, how to win some or at least play like a NFL team and didn't destroy their desire to be here.  ALSO, re: Burns he can still be traded at the draft as part of a package to move up.   As far as Wilkes staying or going, I am fine either way BUT if for a coordinator we could easily be right back to needing a coach again in a few years because they don't work out often enough as well; so I lean more towards give Wilkes a full season and then go coordinator route after if it doesn't work out.  

The we need to talk tank during the middle of a season is laughable.  People make it sound as if its so easy.  Beside sitting all your starters or placing them all on IR and/or telling your players to screw up on purpose is not reality in the NFL.  Now, this last game of the season or towards the end... I wont be hoping for a loss but yeah put Horn on IR, pay some of the younger guys and sit more starters via rotation during the game ... do it.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, grateflday said:

Rhule was trash and the change to Wilkes accomplished several things.  First it finally proved what we all knew & that was Rhule was trash.  We also got to see some players Rhule left on the sideline & showed some of the young guys there is a desire to win here, how to win some or at least play like a NFL team and didn't destroy their desire to be here.  ALSO, re: Burns he can still be traded at the draft as part of a package to move up.   As far as Wilkes staying or going, I am fine either way BUT if for a coordinator we could easily be right back to needing a coach again in a few years because they don't work out often enough as well; so I lean more towards give Wilkes a full season and then go coordinator route after if it doesn't work out.  

The we need to talk tank during the middle of a season is laughable.  People make it sound as if its so easy.  Beside sitting all your starters or placing them all on IR and/or telling your players to screw up on purpose is not reality in the NFL.  Now, this last game of the season or towards the end... I wont be hoping for a loss but yeah put Horn on IR, pay some of the younger guys and sit more starters via rotation during the game ... do it.  

Well said.  👍

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

You'd be wrong about the coverage on at least one of the bombs and most likely a second. Safety messed up his coverage on the one against Taylor but Brady threw it early and made a great throw. 

The safety should have been assigned to Evans regardless.  He should have been doubled.  Putting a safety back as help with other potential coverage assignments isn’t true help.  Double evans after that first TD, and make someone else beat you. 

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

As this season wraps up, I can't really think of a worse scenario than how it played out. They missed the playoffs, moved out of the top-5 draft, are in danger of keeping a mediocre coaching staff, the CMC draft picks will be nearly as late as possible, the Rams draft picks that could have been acquired will probably be really early picks, our top-8 CB looks to be made of glass. Thanks, Wilks.

I am hoping that Tepper is not gun-shy on trying out new HC candidates because of Rhule. Playing it safe is not the direction this team needs, and it will keep this team at or below .500 if Wilks stays. It was clear as day yesterday that Wilks is not the calculated risk-taker that this team needs. We could all see that aggressiveness was needed when you are outmatched in a certain area, and you have to take advantage of any opportunity that is presented. Wilks and his staff can't see that, and I don't want to see any more of their brand of all-talk-no-walk, chickenshit football.

You mentioned our top 8 CB appears to be made of glass and I can't argue that fact that he has been injured LOTS! Where I'm confused though is how Wilks had anything to do with that?

24 minutes ago, Smithers said:

The safety should have been assigned to Evans regardless.  He should have been doubled.  Putting a safety back as help with other potential coverage assignments isn’t true help.  Double evans after that first TD, and make someone else beat you. 

That's how you double a wr, safety coverage over the top in cover 2. Which was called on one of the throws. Quarters was the other one that also should've had safety help over the top. Safety blew one of the coverages completely and was late moving on the other. 

Neither of those two throws would've been completed the way they were if coverage was correct 

Edited by carpanfan96

20 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

As this season wraps up, I can't really think of a worse scenario than how it played out. They missed the playoffs, moved out of the top-5 draft, are in danger of keeping a mediocre coaching staff, the CMC draft picks will be nearly as late as possible, the Rams draft picks that could have been acquired will probably be really early picks, our top-8 CB looks to be made of glass. Thanks, Wilks.

I am hoping that Tepper is not gun-shy on trying out new HC candidates because of Rhule. Playing it safe is not the direction this team needs, and it will keep this team at or below .500 if Wilks stays. It was clear as day yesterday that Wilks is not the calculated risk-taker that this team needs. We could all see that aggressiveness was needed when you are outmatched in a certain area, and you have to take advantage of any opportunity that is presented. Wilks and his staff can't see that, and I don't want to see any more of their brand of all-talk-no-walk, chickenshit football.

You just set the huddle back, which I didn’t think was possible.