• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Ryan: Wilks Unlikely To Be Next HC. Tepper has Affinity for Demeco Ryans.

Proudiddy

If we let Wilks go just to hire Ryans, I will be done.  What's the point?  We need an OC.  Period.  Another DC will just bring more of the same problems we have always had with DCs.  I like both Wilks and Ryans, and in any other year 10 years ago, I'd be ecstatic for either, but I do NOT want another DC.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If we let Wilks go just to hire Ryans, I will be done.  What's the point?  We need an OC.  Period.  Another DC will just bring more of the same problems we have always had with DCs.  I like both Wilks and Ryans, and in any other year 10 years ago, I'd be ecstatic for either, but I do NOT want another DC.

Yeah, you'll be done. LOL

It's all about the ties and relationships with young offensive minds. Scot may be able to help us with that.

Yep, that's the other problem that I'm having with this: all DCs aren't the same. Just because Ryan's is a DC doesn't mean that he's anything like Wilks. 

I've seen way too much generalizing in the last few months. 1+1 in does in fact equal two, but 1 + 1½ or 1+1⅛ does not equal two. Get a grip!

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yep, that's the other problem that I'm having with this: all DCs aren't the same. Just because Ryan's is a DC doesn't mean that he's anything like Wilks. 

I've seen way too much generalizing in the last few months. 1+1 in does in fact equal two, but 1 + 1½ or 1+1⅛ does not equal two. Get a grip!

MOST DCs seem cut from the same cloth. I think they see the offense as losing them the game more often than not.  Not controlling the ball long enough, or having a turnover, or whatever, that makes their defense have trouble. They want the game low-scoring, so their defense has a chance to control the tempo of the game.  That's an outdated way of playing IMO.  Can it work? To an extent, yes, and especially with the right QB. But most of us want to go out and win games, bury teams entirely, and take risks on offense to put ourselves in position to win, not just to avoid losing.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1