• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I don't see any good options here. Being so late in the season makes it especially hard to accommodate for. They're gonna have to settle on a bad option and the tie to me feels like the best bad option. The NFL will get further drug through the mud for player safety concerns if they made these teams play tomorrow night then turn around and play again on Sunday and all those criticisms will be very valid.

The best case scenario would have been if Denver beat KC last week. Bills forfeit and all three teams are at 12-4. Mini-playoff before the playoffs in week 17. 

Edited by Harbingers

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

If the Mods have no issue, I am going to start a separate topic for what the NFL can do with the schedule (and I don't mean where they can stick it). 

Maybe it's me, but I am thinking this one should be reserved for updates and discussion about Hamlin's condition and prognosis.  It's just an old-fashioned respect thing for me, I guess.  Maybe it's just me, though.

The Office Thank You GIF

So much this. 

Edited by glenwo2

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Bills aren’t the one that’s get the short end of the stick with that plan. All they have to do under t96’s plan is win next week and they win first. 

The bengals are by process eliminated 

KC has more wins and a higher win percentage. If both teams win, numbers don't go down

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, that part seems pretty obvious. He had an episode immediately after receiving a hard pinpoint blow directly to the heart area. It's be one helluva coincidence for it NOT to be commotio cordis. Those types of pinpoint blows to the chest aren't common in football. Usually it's a hit spread out over a much larger surface area. Probably why this particular issue is typically more often seen in baseball. Small ball travelling really fast creates a much more pinpoint hit than what is typically seen in football.

That's fair and I generally agree that is the most likely but it is still 100% speculation. 

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

What is that based on??  did you read the  article that was linked a few posts ago?

Mainly on the reports last night of them doing CPR for like 8 minutes, suggesting a significant period of time with a lack of oxygen to the brain. pure speculation though, I have no idea really. Hoping for the best.

Just a reminder, this is why Bountygate was so absolutely disgusting and it's why I said at the time and always have and always will maintain that Sean Payton and Gregg Williams should've been blackballed from the NFL for life over it. This sport is violent enough on its own without encouraging and literally compensating players for inflicting injury.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I'd need to read it again but on first read what I saw from Vincent wasn't so much that there was never a discussion of a 5 minute warmup before resumption, but rather the NFL hadn't tried to force that.

The quote I read is Vincent said he didn't know where the "5 min" thing came from and nothing like that ever crossed his mind to say in the first place.