• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

12 minutes ago, trueblade said:

...asking who won the game...

I'd show him all the donations to his charity and all the messages of love and support and tell him, "you won."

I think it shows they saved his brain. The fact he even remembers there was a game and can have that thought and write it out is a very very VERY good sign this kid will have a normal life after this. The doctors said in the press conference that the medical staff on site saved his brain.

Edited by RJK
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, RJK said:

I guarantee he’s been going off on Twitter about the 💉 Lots of scumbags in the world. Millions of us were traumatized by watching a kid die on television. It’s not hard to understand why all the coverage unless ur purposely being obtuse. So proud of the medical staff for saving this young man

I dont have Twitter....  And you think you know me by a post on here...  Thats funny....  I hope you get over it some day....

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, exactlyzack said:

If he was one of my very, very, very close friends, I would tear up a little bit and say......"Bills lost by 48."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Agreed with everything except this.

Kaepernick was NOT blackballed for doing that.

He wasn't picked by any team because he stunk as a QB at that point. 

He was offered later on a tryout on a team(I forget which) but he blew them off.

Look, I don't want to turn this into a Kaepernick discussion (the health of Damar takes precedence) but I just wanted to point that out. 

I understand that, and feel the focus should stay on Damar as well.  And I understand he was given tryouts later, but that was after the NFL tried to save face and created that coalition of handpicked guys for race-issues to co-opt what Kaep started, well after the fact.  My feeling was they did initially blackball him and then quietly kind of pulled back the repeal after some time had passed and it wouldn't be likely he would make a team based off the fact that he hadn't been on a field in 2 or 3 years.  It's just what I speculate from seeing everything from the outside and knowing how corrupt the NFL is.  Remember how pissed off Eric Reid was with Malcolm Jenkins?   IIRC, he insinuated that those coalition guys basically sold out and took hush money to make the NFL come out of it looking like they did the right thing. 

I will NEVER give them the benefit of the doubt. 

And I didn't even mention all of the crap they let go on with Snyder.  They are just morally bankrupt and disgusting, corrupt, evil people.  

My hope is Damar can make a full recovery and live a normal, happy, healthy, productive life beyond the NFL after this, because once he's healthy again, they may promote him for a bit and have him do some appearances for their PR poo, but he's not vested and once the spotlight calms down, the NFL will treat him as just another number and try to sweep him under the rug...  because to them, contractually, he is not their responsibility post-injury - and him having suffered this episode playing their game, he should be.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, RJK said:

I think it shows they saved his brain. The fact he even remembers there was a game and can have that thought and write it out is a very very VERY good sign this kid will have a normal life after this. The doctors said in the press conference that the medical staff on site saved his brain.

Beautiful.  Love to hear it.

And that is wild that he does indeed remember it considering how early it happened in the game, too.  I read a story in the local news in Raleigh yesterday about a kid that had suffered commotio cordis as a senior in HS after getting hit in the chest with the ball during a lacrosse game and he said all he remembered after recovering was getting to school and getting ready pre-game.

Love to hear he is cognitively and neurological intact.

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I understand that, and feel the focus should stay on Damar as well.  And I understand he was given tryouts later, but that was after the NFL tried to save face and created that coalition of handpicked guys for race-issues to co-opt what Kaep started, well after the fact.  My feeling was they did initially blackball him and then quietly kind of pulled back the repeal after some time had passed and it wouldn't be likely he would make a team based off the fact that he hadn't been on a field in 2 or 3 years.  It's just what I speculate from seeing everything from the outside and knowing how corrupt the NFL is.  Remember how pissed off Eric Reid was with Malcolm Jenkins?   IIRC, he insinuated that those coalition guys basically sold out and took hush money to make the NFL come out of it looking like they did the right thing. 

I will NEVER give them the benefit of the doubt. 

And I didn't even mention all of the crap they let go on with Snyder.  They are just morally bankrupt and disgusting, corrupt, evil people.  

My hope is Damar can make a full recovery and live a normal, happy, healthy, productive life beyond the NFL after this, because once he's healthy again, they may promote him for a bit and have him do some appearances for their PR poo, but he's not vested and once the spotlight calms down, the NFL will treat him as just another number and try to sweep him under the rug...  because to them, contractually, he is not their responsibility post-injury - and having been suffered this episode playing their game, he should be.

Not saying there wasn't a lot of bullshit around that Kaepernick situation but also barely a month after he opted out of his 49ers contract...

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/source-kap-not-willing-take-broncos-current-pay-cut-offer

I probably wouldn't even know about this had I not been living in CO at the time.

• Pie 3

Anyway, words cannot express how HAPPY I am that Damar is now clearly on the mend AND he still has his cognitive functions still intact which is HUGE! 

Right now, I want him to continue to improve to the point where they remove the intubation (or whatever that entails) so he breathes on his own, and then get well to the point where he can at least move on his own again. 

The NFL season is done for him.

His life, thankfully, isn't.

• Pie 6

15 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Thanks I listened to most of it yesterday. Very knowledgeable doctors who also knew what they were doing in terms of handling the media. They didn’t give away too much about the future but definitely all signs point towards optimism right now. Maybe another week in the ICU is my guess and he’ll move to outpatient care and be able to go home.