• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh has convo with David Tepper

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, TheWiz said:

It feels hella disrespectful to be talking to coaches about a vacancy while you have a head coach preparing the team for a game. This conversation couldnt wait ONE WEEK? 

This is the reality of the NFL, we just have a poo ton of leaks in our organization.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean.....cross that bridge when it comes. I don't think you will struggle to get those interviews filled. 

Even if it's a sham, it's an excellent opportunity to go through the process for the candidates and potentially make an impression. Definitely can lead to future opportunities if you treat it that way. 

Obviously if you are a guy that is a former head coach or have other opportunities to be a head coach, it might get declined.

I used Harbaugh but I wonder what would happen in that situation. Obviously it hasn't happened yet, but you have to think at some point it will in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

It feels hella disrespectful to be talking to coaches about a vacancy while you have a head coach preparing the team for a game. This conversation couldnt wait ONE WEEK? 

Teams are already doing work you can’t fall behind, Wilks knows he has to interview for it as well so this shouldn’t surprise him. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Teams are already doing work you can’t fall behind, Wilks knows he has to interview for it as well so this shouldn’t surprise him. 

I get it. Harbaugh is a legit good coach. But this is messy and that kind of sentiment trickles down to other parts of the organization.

1 minute ago, TheWiz said:

I get it. Harbaugh is a legit good coach. But this is messy and that kind of sentiment trickles down to other parts of the organization.

This is always happening, though, and any coach or player that thinks its too early to start getting together potential interview candidates is fooling themselves. Teams have been having these conversations since mid-season.  Just most teams aren't filled with OOU idiots, and no doubt our org has a bunch of dipshits from Rhule's days still.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

the plan all along was to look at and interview other coaches. i'm more surprised that this kind of thing hasn't been done earlier. it's not like we've got a full time HC here. He's an interim. The job isn't his after this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, rayzor said:

the plan all along was to look at and interview other coaches. i'm more surprised that this kind of thing hasn't been done earlier. it's not like we've got a full time HC here. He's an interim. The job isn't his after this year.

I bet it has been ongoing honestly. I think this is just the first to leak, and I think it's in response to the previous fake rumors this weekend about it.

18 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Not as disrespectful to the fans who have had to endure with this garbage since SB50. 

everyone likes Steve Wilkes. He is a great guy and respected by all of us but he came up short this year. I hope he can stay on as the DC but that probably won’t happen either.