• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike McDaniel

NAS

This would be so so so dumb. McDaniel is one of those coaches where when he was the OC you’re like yeah this prob won’t work but if it does you look like a genius for hiring him and everyone will wish they had the balls to do it instead of going for some retread HC. The dolphins would essentially taken 1 year to vet him, show the NFL yep he’s a great HC, then release him for another team to grab. Amazing. 

56 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

This would be so so so dumb. McDaniel is one of those coaches where when he was the OC you’re like yeah this prob won’t work but if it does you look like a genius for hiring him and everyone will wish they had the balls to do it instead of going for some retread HC. The dolphins would essentially taken 1 year to vet him, show the NFL yep he’s a great HC, then release him for another team to grab. Amazing. 

If Ross can make a deal with Payton then I see it as very possible.  Payton is the hot name out there and I could see a crazy owner doing anything to get him. Payton is slimy so he and Ross would make a good couple. And then of course, Brady would fit right in.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

If Ross can make a deal with Payton then I see it as very possible.  Payton is the hot name out there and I could see a crazy owner doing anything to get him. Payton is slimy so he and Ross would make a good couple. And then of course, Brady would fit right in.

Good point. 

21 hours ago, CRA said:

Why would you fire him.   His QB is hurt.  Nothing more.  They have overachieved when Tua was healthy specifically because of his O design and playcalling. 

He has completely ignored trying to run the ball during this skid. Tua is vastly overhyped and the entire organization has been hellbent on proving that they didn't make a mistake by taking him over Herbert. Watch that Dolphins/Chargers game & Dolphins/Packers game. The Chargers are abysmal defending the run yet they continued to try to pass the ball all over the field to prove they were right on Tua/Herbert. They were ripping big runs in the Packers game but stopped.

McDaniel is okay - all Twitter analytic truthers always say these guys are geniuses. You have to watch the games and not take the word of some "nfl expert" on social media. McDaniel is a poor head coach, he's more concerned about calling plays. There's a difference between a head coach and a playcaller.

I'm not advocating for him to get fired after one season, but if he did, I do get it based on what has transpired. Then again, Stephen Ross is a complete putz like the guy that owns the team here, so whatever decision he makes is likely wrong.