• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Efficient Passing Game in the past 6 Weeks

Ghostface Chilla

Our offense has been picking up steam as Darnold figures out everything. Truth is that McAdoo has done a great job with him. He has been giving Sam more control as Sam has mastered things. I think Darnold sitting and watching has done a lot for him.  Let's see how he finishes against the Saints. He is playing for a contract somewhere. And this is the last opportunity to capture something on film this season and make a positive impression.

• Pie 9

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Traditional and advanced stats all say this is a different Darnold, but he's still unable to lead the team to a win when it's all on his shoulders 

End of the day, he's in year 5 and his performances aren't what you'd expect from a top pick nor do they line up with his contract.

I'm glad he's playing better, but the panthers still need a QB in this QB driven league.

• Pie 7

12 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

End of the day, he's in year 5 and his performances aren't what you'd expect from a top pick nor do they line up with his contract.

I'm glad he's playing better, but the panthers still need a QB in this QB driven league.

I've seen enough of sam, he needs to go to another team to be their headache.  Everything has to be perfect around him just for him to be an average qb.  Lets pull the plug on this experiment

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I've seen enough of sam, he needs to go to another team to be their headache.  Everything has to be perfect around him just for him to be an average qb.  Lets pull the plug on this experiment

This has already been proven wrong before. Nothing went perfect for him vs Steelers or Bucs. No run game support at all. He still played above average.

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

This has already been proven wrong before. Nothing went perfect for him vs Steelers or Bucs. No run game support at all. He still played above average.

You could argue he has played above average in one game (tampa) and still lost.

Throwing for an avg for 189 yards/game is not "above average"

You want to hitch your wagon to that?  fug that noise

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

I like Sam but I've seen all I need to and we've already done the Teddy Bridgewater experiment before him. Wish him well and good luck with his next opportunity and keep looking. Let the folks who are in love with the bar being mediocre follow him to his next destination 👋

• Pie 4