• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

STEVE WILKS - FINAL POLL THREAD

Steve Wilks  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Steve Wilks as HC in 2023

2. 2. Grade Wilks as interem

I wouldn’t be crushed if he was fired or rehired. I will say that “if” he does stay on for 2023 he’s going to have to go all in on upgrading the offense in the off-season.

1) We need a new and creative OC. I know our receiving core isn’t  stellar, but at times McAdoo just seems to lack the ability to scheme guys open. Sam could complete 5 passes today…and it really wasn’t his fault. Most of the guys were blanketed all day

2) QB play has go to improve which means we have to get another one or Wilks has to order a guy who can work a miracle with Darnold or Corrall while we develop whoever we draft this season.

3) We need a reliable receiver, possibly even a #1, to play opposite DJ. I don’t care if he comes via the draft , trade, or FA…just get one.

4) A pass catching threat at TE. If we had a guy who could catch  48-60 receptions per season it would do wonders forour offense.

5) As some of you pointed out he can no longer be Ron Rivera 2.0. He needs to play to win on offense,  not play to lose.

“IF” all the above occurred this off season I’d be all in on bringing Wilks back because we would actually have a chance to win the NFC South.

PS..think about this, If we had Andy Dalton as our starter once Steve took over I think we would have made the playoffs.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1

24 minutes ago, NcPsa10 said:

Can't count his time at Arizona. Didn't get to pick his coaches, or draft picks and got stuck with Rosen because of that. 

• Pie 1

In terms of building a culture, I feel Wilks is who Tepper thought he was getting when he hired Rhule. That said, Wilks like Rhule needs a strong supporting cast around him to be a difference maker. The defense regressed after he took over and that was supposed to be his strong suit. 

I'd really need to know what his plan is at OC and DC before being fully on board with him coming back. 

• Beer 2

Wanting Wilks is no different than asking Tepper to bring back Fox or Rivera for a round 2.  

i don’t want the course correction from the Rhule error to be Carolina going right back to an old school DC mindset.  It’s an offensive league.  We need a modern era HC and a QB.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

I want him if our only other options are Reich or  Caldwell

The regular season isn’t over yet so I suspect it will take a while to line up all the folks to interview. I think a lot of people jumped to panic mode when this was announced but there is a strong probability we will interview several other candidates.