• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL coaching and front office news

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Big news out of Baltimore...

They built their entire offense around Lamar. They drafted players to build a run heavy offense using Lamars skill sets. And yet they still struggle to win when it matters. If you trade the farm for Lamar you would have to build the team the same way the Ravens did, and then hope you will have better results than Jon Harbaugh could manage. Good luck with that. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

They built their entire offense around Lamar. They drafted players to build a run heavy offense using Lamars skill sets. And yet they still struggle to win when it matters. If you trade the farm for Lamar you would have to build the team the same way the Ravens did, and then hope you will have better results than Jon Harbaugh could manage. Good luck with that. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's why they do not want to let him go until its the last resort. He knows that.

The Ravens do not want to have to rebuild they're entire offense over if they can avoid it. It's a lesser of 2 evils for them.

Another team wanting to go after Lamar better be willing to give up a lot in draft picks and guaranteed money and know that it costs them more than that. 

They will have to build the offense to take advantage of his abilities but without the capital in high drafts picks to do so.

And, and finding enough cap space to fill in FA talent you're obviously not going to get from the draft right away because you gave all the good picks for Lamar. 

I'm sure I've missed some of the best parts of that idea but let's just stick with just these few positive points for now.

Go!

• Beer 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-joe-brady-quarterbacks-coach-new-york-jets-interview-robert-saleh-josh-allen

The New York Jets have requested permission to interview Bills quarterbacks coach Joe Brady for their vacancy at offensive coordinator, per reports from NFL Network on Sunday.

Per the report, "it's unclear if Brady would take (the job), given how much he loves Buffalo."

Brady, 33, was named the team's new quarterbacks coach in the offseason after Ken Dorsey was elevated to offensive coordinator.