• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL coaching and front office news

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Blame the OC and showcase what your very good QB will do with a new one to save the day.

I would guess he is fired next year and they waste most of that rookie contract on dud coaching but there is always the chance he can bring in a good enough OC to save his job but I wouldn't bet on it personally. 

Couldn't agree more, though the Chargers should be on the phone already trying to get Mike Lafleur to interview for OC. Lafleur was used as a scape goat big time. He comes from the Shanahan tree and the Chargers have very very good personnel for that scheme

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Couldn't agree more, though the Chargers should be on the phone already trying to get Mike Lafleur to interview for OC. Lafleur was used as a scape goat big time. He comes from the Shanahan tree and the Chargers have very very good personnel for that scheme

It's so hard to get a quality candidate for a HC on the hot seat and no way he doesn't at least appear to be on the hot seat already. I'm not sure and don't know enough about Lafleur. Could work, the QB is there so all they really need is decent coaching.

11 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I'm guessing Robbie Anderson is out the door....lol

Panthers related, does this put Kyler on the trade block and put Arizona in the draft a QB conversation at pick 3? This would obviously hamper our chances at drafting one of the QB's

A new coach could want somebody new, especially since Murray's future was very much up in the air a year ago.....right before they extended him. 

That extension is the 800-pound gorilla in the room.  His dead cap is almost $100M this year.  His 2024 salary jumps to $37M, so I doubt anybody is going to take him in the trade market.

Unless they want to eat a bunch of that contract against the cap, they are tied to him for another few years.  None of that prevents them from drafting a QB and they do have cap space, but Murray's contract is a pretty bitter pill for them to swallow.  I have no idea what they were thinking with his extension.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

A new coach could want somebody new, especially since Murray's future was very much up in the air a year ago.....right before they extended him. 

That extension is the 800-pound gorilla in the room.  His dead cap is almost $100M this year.  His 2024 salary jumps to $37M, so I doubt anybody is going to take him in the trade market.

Unless they want to eat a bunch of that contract against the cap, they are tied to him for another few years.  None of that prevents them from drafting a QB and they do have cap space, but Murray's contract is a pretty bitter pill for them to swallow.  I have no idea what they were thinking with his extension.

Very true that contract is an albatross to try and move

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Former Panthers scout / VP of Player Personnel / acting GM Ryan Cowden gets passed over.

Wonder If he'd return here in some capacity.

From the looks of things Fitterer is making the calls on staffing, for now. I guess we will have to wait on Peyton to announce his decision before we know the fate of our current front office. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

DeCamillis Is a guy I would look at if he didn't retain Tabor.

I'd like to retain Tabor though.

I like Tabor as well.  Seems to have really good energy and connection with the players.  Our ST were quite good this year.  Pinero was the second best kicker by percentage this year among kickers with more than 20 kicks.

Rams overhaul coaching staff with 8 departures since end of season: Sources

Jan 1, 2023; Inglewood, California, USA; Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay walks off the field after the game against the Los Angeles Chargers at SoFi Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
By Jourdan Rodrigue
1h ago

The Los Angeles Rams will see significant changes on their coaching staff as eight members will not return next season, multiple team and league sources told The Athletic. Here’s what you need to know: 

• Special teams coach Joe DeCamillis, offensive line coach Kevin Carberry, defensive backs coach Jonathan Cooley, assistant defensive line coach Skyler Jones and defensive assistant Lance Schulters were all let go. Outside linebackers coach Thad Bogardus’ contract was up and won’t be renewed.
  • Offensive coordinator Liam Coen (Kentucky) and running backs coach Ra’Shaad Samples (Arizona State) both left for other jobs; Samples’ departure was in-season.