• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I ultimately don't think it's going to take two firsts, but even if it does, you're not hiring Payton with the intention of drafting a top 10 QB. I think you're bringing in a guy like Brady, Carr, Garoppolo, or swinging for the fences for someone like Lamar Jackson.

I just threw up in my mouth seriously 😒 !!

Love Lamar but how do you get the assets to make both those things happen??

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

We still need a QB.. They do to.. With a rookie QB deal their cap issues aren’t as bad and they aren’t far away from being a problem for years.. If we’re giving up assets to get our biggest need how does that work??

We pick 9th, the best we are going to do is a developmental QB with a high ceiling, so, the best they could possibly so is the same.  More than likely, we would end trading something low to get Carr.  I would argue they have a coach who no one in their right mind would say is in the same stratosphere as Payton.  Again, in this scenario, we win

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

It was only a few years ago, Tampa did the same thing we are looking at doing here. They brought in Arians, went and got Brady and won a Super Bowl. Do we care what it costs us if we get a Super Bowl?

And the Super Bowl is guaranteed?

(Cuz if you give up all that and don't get a Super Bowl, you've really screwed yourself)

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If you can tell me Payton can make Darnold, Corral or PJ elite and him without Loomis is a excellent drafter and talent evaluator.. Then Im done to give them whatever.. If not Im still very afraid of the compensation and giving Matt Rhule total control.. jmo

Fify.

Wasn't the right coach. Doesn't mean a real senior HC wouldn't do waaaaay better with that privilege.

Edited by rippadonn

Just now, WOW!! said:

Who are you getting if you already have to trade for the coach?? 
And Please no Garapplo, Carr, Brady crap..

Why? If Payton is hired as the coach there's a 99% chance that one of those three would be brought in as QB over any of the options currently on the roster. 

Edited by UNCrules2187

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Why? If Payton is hired as the coach there's a 99% chance that one of those three would be brought in as QB over any of the options currently on the roster. 

Carr Is the only one of that group I'd be willing to look at.

Edited by Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Cavscout said:

If we hire Payton and give up all the picks we have to get him, anything short of a Superbowl win in the first 2 years makes him a bust!

Anything more than back to back winning seasons should be considered a bonus for this sad fuging franchise. SB win is the ultimate goal but after the last 5 years it’s time to just get back to being a consistent playoff team. SP can get us to that pretty quickly 

Edited by t96
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

They aren’t good and 1 is 45 years old.. You’re pretty much trading any future for “maybe” short term success.. And that’s a big maybe.. And what’s stops him from booking as soon as those Qb retire??

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If you can tell me Payton can make Darnold, Corral or PJ elite and him without Loomis is a excellent drafter and talent evaluator.. Then Im done to give them whatever.. If not Im still very afraid of the compensation and giving another HC total control.. jmo

I certainly can't answer this for sure but, Drew Brees had one good year before getting hurt and walking away from Chargers, granted he was young and showed a lot of promise but people say Payton had a hall of fame QB that made him look good, could be the other way around.  Brees had a hall of fame coach that knew how to put his undersized, weak arms QB in the best possible position to win.  With that said, maybe he can.

Edited by HPPantherzfan

If we get Payton, Carr is going to be the one who is signed here.

No doubt in my mind.

If we get anyone else?

Richardson drafted; Vet QB signed (and it wouldn't shock me if it was Sam again)

Edited by glenwo2