• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wonder who Wilks is selling as his OC, have't heard any rumors on that end

Idk but Byron Leftwich getting fired gives me a bad feeling. That was his OC in Arizona. 

My guess, he probably pitched Monken, Kitchens, Shula and some other guys he’s worked with. I know there is some hype behind Brian Johnson but not sure Wilks would go out of his comfort zone.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Brian Johnson the eagles QB coach is the Twitterverse name

Yeah I keep hearing his name brought up with Wilks but haven’t seen anything saying Wilks would actually hire him or is interested. Could be wrong but I don’t see Wilks making a big hire like that.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I don't understand how Wilks is a serious contender, not one other team wants to talk to him for any HC or DC position yet.

How that isn't a MASSIVE red flag to Tepper is beyond me

Oh I think it’s red flag, that’s why we have requested to talk to 30 ppl.

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

This is starting to feel like the Hornets hiring process and we’ll just end up with the same guy/type of guy we have failed with for years (Wilks/Clifford) due to a combination of coaches not wanting to coach here and poor judgment by the organization.

Meh that's apples and oranges...we are use to that mindset with Richardson/MJ being cheap but Tepper for his faults will throw money at the popular/hot names.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

I think everyone was so focus on Johnson and now Payton no one really knows.

We’ll if he impressed, hasn’t formally backed out, and has the heightened odds today, wonder if there’s something there. Him and Kafka are still solid options.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Seems like he’s having trouble getting people to take his money.

Not really. Ryans is the only who is interviewing other teams that dropped us. Everyone else is staying put with their current teams and not talking to anyone else.

Edited by Panthercougar68