• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Well, usually a coach saves their last interview for the team they really want to coach.

Harbaugh is the superior choice because just like Payton you get a coach who has played QB in the NFL from the Mike Ditka school (toughness above all) and a stellar resume and win percentage. Only difference between the two is demeanor. Opposite personalities from what I can see but the same results.

That being said, being that Sean Payton is reported to have accepted the rescheduling of the Panthers meeting having left and then having slept on the Denver meeting/deal could prove to be in the Panthers favor if you're OK with Payton.

I still think going all out on trying to hire Harbaugh like they should have when his people called would be cheaper as in no picks and any buyout if any would be much more friendly.

Harbaugh wasn't feeling the love and pulled his name out. Tickling his ear before the next couple meetings wouldn't hurt either. He may still want the job and if HE does we don't get raped by the Saints and we get an equal or better coach who can also take over the ship immediately.

I admire your persistence, but I don’t think he’s coming here. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, The Lobo said:

I admire your persistence, but I don’t think he’s coming here. 

I did want either of the most accurate QBs from the 2022 draft and one of them is here so I'm gonna keep hope alive.

Maybe, just maybe somebody will pick up the phone, and the check book...

I Hope Please GIF

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I did want either of the most accurate QBs from the 2022 draft and one of them is here so I'm gonna keep hope alive.

Maybe, just maybe somebody will pick up the phone, and the check book...

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/l0NwNrl4BtDD7JCx2/200.gif

You wanted Carson Strong…

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Well, usually a coach saves their last interview for the team they really want to coach.

Harbaugh is the superior choice because just like Payton you get a coach who has played QB in the NFL from the Mike Ditka school (toughness above all) and a stellar resume and win percentage. Only difference between the two is demeanor. Opposite personalities from what I can see but the same results.

That being said, being that Sean Payton is reported to have accepted the rescheduling of the Panthers meeting having left and then having slept on the Denver meeting/deal could prove to be in the Panthers favor if you're OK with Payton.

I still think going all out on trying to hire Harbaugh like they should have when his people called would be cheaper as in no picks and any buyout if any would be much more friendly.

Harbaugh wasn't feeling the love and pulled his name out. Tickling his ear before the next couple meetings wouldn't hurt either. He may still want the job and if HE does we don't get raped by the Saints and we get an equal or better coach who can also take over the ship immediately.

let it go GIF

• Pie 1