• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

You know what I find strange about this whole process? Not one single request has been put out to Brian Callahan and yet, the Bengals are on the verge of making it to their second straight AFC title game.

I’m pretty sure Indy has interviewed Brian Callahan. I would love for us to speak to him, but I think we may have enough candidates, at about 13-14 or so.

15 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I never said to hire Wilks. I said that you couldn't hire them over Wilks. 

Which means they out of the running.  

Historically an owner will over commit if the past hire was really bad. 

Rhule was unproven with no HC experience,  the next HC for the Panthers will have HC experience Historically speaking.  

So it's Wilks, Payton or Reich basically.  

I don’t agree with that but whatever. Hiring Wilks because he has past coaching experience is not smart. 
If Tepper wants to win in this league today he hires an OC regardless how these games turned out. Including Kefka. I’d take him over Wilks in a heartbeat. 
I wasn’t discouraged of Kefka because of how the offense played against one of the best defenses in the NFL. 
Giants were very limited. I look at the entire season and what he did with a very bad offense. 
Nah, Kafka should still be in the running and saying he shouldn’t because of yesterday is such a knee jerk reaction. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I don’t agree with that but whatever. Hiring Wilks because he has past coaching experience is not smart. 
If Tepper wants to win in this league today he hires an OC regardless how these games turned out. Including Kefka. I’d take him over Wilks in a heartbeat. 
I wasn’t discouraged of Kefka because of how the offense played against one of the best defenses in the NFL. 
Giants were very limited. I look at the entire season and what he did with a very bad offense. 
Nah, Kafka should still be in the running and saying he shouldn’t because of yesterday is such a knee jerk reaction. 

I never said that was my opinion,  I'm stating a fact on what NFL owners do, they generally will go from one extreme to another.  Previous coach had no hc experience,  so the next one will. 

Why I think Payton ends up the coach. He's the best of both for Tepper. He's an offensive minded coach who's also a proven head coach in the NFL. 

• Beer 2

19 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

If that was Dorsey failing his interview and his offense produced 325 against a good Bengals team in snow and wind, what does that mean for Kafka and his 227 yards against the Eagles. 

It's about context.

The Giants have massively overperformed the talent on their roster this year - they just came up against perhaps the most stacked roster in the NFL.

The Bills, however, are very much in their SuperBowl window and got blown out at home.