• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Panthers316 said:

That's why we should just go get shane steichen  as our head coach he coached 2 top qbs he is a qb Whisper

What makes Steichen so different from Reich ?? Reality is Reich is Steichen with more experience as a HC and more history of working with all types of QB’s..

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Falling for the big name in the media again rather than being patient and looking objectively at all the options would pretty much cement for me that he's too stupid to be a successful owner. 

Totally agree - the Daniel Snyder vibes are strong with him & this would cement it for me as well. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You mentioned coaches having been successful this year. I'd call that 'recent".

I would add since you're arguing for retreads, the historically successful retreads you were talking about were overwhelmingly guys who did not win a Super Bowl on their previous job.

As has been mentioned here before, no Super Bowl winning coach has ever replicated that success with a second team.

Payton comes from the coaching tree of a coach that got to championship games with multiple teams and back to the superbowl after retiring. 

5 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

I didn’t realize Zac Taylor has a losing record as a head coach. Just goes to show how good Burrow is. 

It's amazing to me that the Bengels have been horrible forever. And then...right when they get Burrow, they have a great defense. 

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Payton comes from the coaching tree of a coach that got to championship games with multiple teams and back to the superbowl after retiring. 

And who couldn't replicate his prior success even though he was coaching one of the premier teams in the league with the acknowledged best receiver in the game.

Also a coach who absolutely insisted on control and likely wouldn't be able to handle today's players.

47 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Fangio is going wherever Sean Payton goes.

Wilks DC is trash Holcomb, that isn’t changing.

Fangio probably not going back to Denver. If he did, I would snatch Evero up with the quickness; dude is a star in the making. Wilks probably not going to have a choice of who his next DC is IF he gets offered the position. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not exactly...

Honestly sounds like Payton is taking the initiative, but I'm not sure he'd do so without some positive indication from the Broncos.

Sounds like posturing to me. Payton trying to put pressure on Tepper to make his best move now. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

You really think we’re in the same category as Colts, Texans, Cardinals, Bears, Raiders etc?

We can't even have back to back winning seasons, dude. Some of those teams have won the SB. Two have better QBs than we do. One has better draft picks than we do. We're just as awful as you think those teams are.

1 minute ago, Hogan said:

It's amazing to me that the Bengels have been horrible forever. And then...right when they get Burrow, they have a great defense. 

Reality check they really haven’t been horrible forever.. Carson Palmer teams made the playoffs consistently.. Andy Dalton teams were in the playoffs consistently.. They just never won the big game but they have been competitive way more then we have..