• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

And who couldn't replicate his prior success even though he was coaching one of the premier teams in the league with the acknowledged best receiver in the game.

Also a coach who absolutely insisted on control and likely wouldn't be able to handle today's players.

He got to the superbowl on his second team and the afc championship game on his third and the playoffs with his 4th team.  

And all the teams he took over sucked before he became the coach. That's face palm worthy Mr. Scot. 

The Patriots to the superbowl in 4 seasons after being dreadful the previous seasons. 

The jets won 1 game and were in the AFC championship game his 2nd year. 

Payton, an NFL analyst for Fox Sports this season, told "The Herd" with Colin Cowherd last week that he was set to meet with Panthers owner David Tepper, which reportedly occurred on Friday. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-playoffs-bracket-championship-round-schedule-tv-odds-as-eagles-49ers-brace-for-nfc-slugfest/

Great reporting CBS.

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Fangio probably not going back to Denver. If he did, I would snatch Evero up with the quickness; dude is a star in the making. Wilks probably not going to have a choice of who his next DC is IF he gets offered the position. 

True - I forgot about the Fangio/Denver deal.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not convinced of that, but if true I'd really hope Tepper doesn't fall for it.

He is most likely using one or the other - if not both - to try to get what he wants. I mean, he wore a Panthers-colored tie last night but had Broncos-colored shoes. LOL

Edited by Wolfcop

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not convinced of that, but if true I'd really hope Tepper doesn't fall for it.

Yes Please Tepper don’t let your inpatients and ego trap you in another losing deal..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 3

20 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

If that was the case and he just wanted to push his price up, he coulda done a zoom call with the Panthers like he did the Texans. (Who are out of the running according to Bronco insiders) 

It's down to the Panthers and Broncos for Payton. 

LFG

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The notion that just because he was successful somewhere else he'll be equally successful here is one of the biggest fallacies in sports.

These former, already seasoned head coaches are plug and play. They don't need to assemble an experienced staff because they already have the contacts, guys who want to work them.

It's not a guy "trying to figure it out". They've already figured it out. They're coming to install their already proven systems.

We know your affinity for the "new hot" but if your OC doesn't prove to be a good head executive you've just set the team back AGAIN and your top players and free agents won't take us seriously.

Harbaugh, Payton, Reich give us instant leadership and head management acumen which we can't assume a fresh OC/DC may/may not have. Crap shoot. We can't afford that being so close to bottom feeder territory due to prior mistakes. 

Harbaugh 2023

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

He got to the superbowl on his second team and the afc championship game on his third and the playoffs with his 4th team.  

And all the teams he took over sucked before he became the coach. That's face palm worthy Mr. Scot. 

The Patriots to the superbowl in 4 seasons after being dreadful the previous seasons. 

The jets won 1 game and were in the AFC championship game his 2nd year. 

But not to the Super Bowl.

I'd also add that Parcells Cowboy teams weren't anything to write home about.

• Beer 1