• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

One thing I'm curious on because I haven't seen it posted anywhere but is Fritter in on this interview?  All I've heard about is David and Nichole 

I seriously doubt Fitterer wants Tepper to hire Payton. Scott immediately goes back to being the HC yes man

Edited by *FreeFua*

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Ok but this article does not exactly make it seem like Carolina is gonna hire him today which is what you said. 

still, if you are on the Payton train this is a good sign 

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

you are just moving the goal posts now. Somehow and I dont know how the point is going over your head.... Hype for a college QB can change at the turn of a dime. You were just replied to by another poster that showed Howell as the unaminous number 1 pick for this past draft... that didnt happen. Same thing with JT Daniels, and he didnt even play for Georgia. 

Drake Maye is a QB that came back down to earth at the end of the season where he threw 4TDs to 4 INTS in the last 5 games with a 56% completion rate. But sure.. he is Lawrence and Luck like... 

QB ranking in college football are useless until the NFL Draft.  

ie: 

Cool you can bet on that but realty is you and I both will feel better if the Saints don’t have Mayes or Williams for the next 10 years and we’re still looking for a QB right??

Edited by WOW!!

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

John Ellis did sort of lightly suggest on the most recent Roar podcast that there is definitely some FO personnel nervousness over Sean Payton wanting to potentially clean house. Didn't mention any specific names, obviously.

Multiple other sources have agreed Payton wants full control, including his own people.

Jeff Ireland is one of the names that's been thrown in as a likely GM option.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Who is Glenn Morgan?? and you realize he has Cade Mays and JT as top 10 picks..

let me stop.. Please show me rebuttal analysis.. Not internet clowns

What does this even mean lol? You want me to find you a currently employed NFL scout that liked Howell and Corral going into 2022? How the fug would I even do that?

To make you feel better, here's Todd McShay's first 2022 mock draft and where he had QBs slotted:

2. Kedon Slovis (lmao)

7. Sam Howell

11. Spencer Rattler

15. Malik Willis

16. Desmond Ridder

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/31383687/nfl-mock-draft-2022-todd-mcshay-early-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-next-year-including-five-qbs

Edited by UNCrules2187

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Cool you can bet on that but realty is you and I both will feel better if the Saints don’t have Mayes or Williams for the next 10 years and we’re still looking for a QB right??

Ask me next year at this exact time. A couple seasons ago i would have been pissed if the saints, falcons, bucs got Spencer Rattler... now I dont give a fug. 

18 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

66 tds and the best college QB season ever changes that.. Again I’m waiting on you to produce any Scout, Analysts or media head that had Corral or Howell looked at in the same light as Williams or Mayes who are getting Luck, Lawrence comparisons..

Corral was projected to be a late first rounder. Not even I will put him in the Maye or Newton category.

Purdy is playing lights out so writing off a guy who was dominant in the SEC, projected late first rounder who dropped to the third because of non football reasons and has yet to play in the NFL as a "bust" or a non-starter is, in light of a guy like Purdy premature here in 2023.

Corral was considered a steal because the Panthers had him at the top of their QB board before the draft and they spent draft capital to get him. They want him to succeed.

Edited by rippadonn