• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Steve Reed reported earlier that he thinks Kafka, Moore and Dorsey are hard sells to Tepper now because of the way they performed in the playoffs. 

Tweet seemed more like his opinion rather than any sort of report. I agree though, if we hire any of those three, I'd probably be ok with Kafka but underwhelmed.

• Beer 1

Feels like Payton is now clinging onto Zona as his only possible way to leverage Tepper

Maybe he fears Denver hiring Quinn or Ryans and is playing the just in case game. No way he was laying in bed last night and decided that he indeed wanted to coach a midget QB coming off an ACL injury who is allergic to film study 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Reality check they really haven’t been horrible forever.. Carson Palmer teams made the playoffs consistently.. Andy Dalton teams were in the playoffs consistently.. They just never won the big game but they have been competitive way more then we have..

Great point. I should have done my research.

9 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Steve Reed reported earlier that he thinks Kafka, Moore and Dorsey are hard sells to Tepper now because of the way they performed in the playoffs. 

Dorsey and Moore makes sense, but Kafka did a great job considering the roster he was dealing with.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You aren't reading what I said correctly. I said take all those scouting reports about freshman and sophomores with a grain of salt. More like a grain silo of salt. It's based on very limited inputs(not a lot of film) and those evaluations are going to progress as the careers of those players progress. For every Trevor Lawrence or Andrew Luck there are dozens of Spencer Rattlers, who don't improve or get worse and all that early luster fades away very, very quickly. That's basically what happened to almost the entire 2022 QB class for a recent example.

So, yes....it is WAY too early to be calling shots on Maye or Williams. They very well may end up being the next big thing but they also might end up being the next Sam Howell, a guy that had all KINDS of hype due to early career success but he just didn't really improve his NFL skills because he wasn't at a place that develops QB's well at all(hence why EVERYONE should be wary of Maye). 

Also, most of the people weighing in on these guys are media bobbleheads and amateur analysts. Doesn't make their opinions worthless but they aren't going to tend to hold as much weight as actual professional NFL scouts. That's why we see some stark disparities every single draft season between the "media draft stock" and the actual position that a lot of these guys are drafted. 

TLDR: just chill on the super young college QB hype. Let that play out and we will see what happens.

Again I’m not saying that early prognosticators are the end all to be all.. But reality is (which was my point) Howell nor Corral were seen in the same light as Mayes or Williams are now.. Just because some of you refuse to see the difference in terms and language used when talking about these Qb’s prospects isn’t my fault.. Howell did get some pub but he wasn’t talked about as a generational talent like Mayes is now.. And to be honest it’s literally based on size and strength.. Howell was always getting knock for being short and arm strength while 6’4 Mayes isn’t.. Is it wrong ?? Probably but my only point in the beginning was pointing out that Mayes and Williams are seen as top level prospects and giving the Saints ammunition to get them feels like it will come back to bite us.. JMO so ppl don’t feel persecuted..

Literally every reporter who is quote tweeted here is just throwing poo at the wall, hoping it sticks.  So many damn conflicting reports its starting to feel like the whole Watson saga all over again.  So much disinformation and PR warfare going on, thats its almost impossible to know whats really going on.  Which is, of course, by design. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Feels like Payton is now clinging onto Zona as his only possible way to leverage Tepper

Maybe he fears Denver hiring Quinn or Ryans and is playing the just in case game. No way he was laying in bed last night and decided that he indeed wanted to coach a midget QB coming off an ACL injury who is allergic to film study 

Leveraging how? What’s he wanting to gain more money? I don’t think Tepper will have a problem paying him. 

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Again I’m not saying that early prognosticators are the end all to be all.. But reality is (which was my point) Howell nor Corral were seen in the same light as Mayes or Williams are now.. Just because some of you refuse to see the difference in terms and language used when talking about these Qb’s prospects isn’t my fault.. Howell did get some pub but he wasn’t talked about as a generational talent like Mayes is now.. And to be honest it’s literally based on size and strength.. Howell was always getting knock for being short and arm strength while 6’4 Mayes isn’t.. Is it wrong ?? Probably but my only point in the beginning was pointing out that Mayes and Williams are seen as top level prospects and giving the Saints ammunition to get them feels like it will come back to bite us.. JMO so ppl don’t feel persecuted..

No one feels persecuted. You are just making a mountain out of something less than a molehill. More like a tiny ant hill.

None of this has happened. None of it is likely to happen. Also both of those guys probably aren't going to end up being the caliber of prospect that you think they will be. Probably won't end up on the Saints either.

It's a lot of worrying about very little at the moment.