• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were an Anti-Tanker... please identify yourself, are you proud?

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

22 wins in 4 seasons

no playoffs in 5

But by all means please tell us how we should be behaving

Simple - don't be a toxic ass to people.  That's how we should all be behaving.  

I disagree with you about tanking.  I think that the current history of the NFL is that coaching matters more, and you can trade up to get your QB.  You keep mentioning Justin Herbert, which does suck to lose out on, but hindsight is always 20/20.  There were plenty of questions about him as the draft approached.  He was not a sure thing.  If there is a QB you want, you go get them.  That's how the Bills got Allen, and the Chiefs got Mahomes.

The NFL and football is not a one man show.  I don't expect the men on our team to give up, hoping that a 20 year old kid can save the franchise.  I'm WAY more concerned with finding the right coach and system.  We're not as far away as some teams from being real threats in the playoffs.

That's how I can respectfully disagree with you.  I don't have to call you, or anyone else I disagree with names, make a bunch of non-sense threads, or otherwise act like a kid's first time online without the netnanny running.  That's what I'm seeing.

Fan however you want.  I'm about done here for the next few days.  Let all the toxicity run it's course.

• Pie 8

17 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

LOUD AND PROUD. YES I PULL FOR US TO WIN EVERY GAME.

You cheer to lose you're a loser. 

You play to win. Tanking is for loser fans. 

This is actually a loser mentality in sports and in life. Short term sacrifices for long term gains every single time. 

• Pie 1

I’m just curious on what folks think they should/ could have done to tank…players aren’t just going to pitch the ball on the ground. We traded our best player and had a circus of bad to barely ok at QB. It’s not like they brought in free agents or anything.

The only way to keep losing at that clip was to not fire Rhule and that mofo needed to get his stink out of the building. If we’d traded burns maybe that costs a couple more wins but our division was historically bad.

Just think it’s fantasy to think a coach and staff that know their most likely out of here aren’t going to try and show they’re better than they looked under the hamburglar. Players too…what you gonna do “hey guys half ass it and lay the ball on the ground every chance you get and make sure you never get another shot on a roster”.  Just not realistic. We  have a lot of good pieces on the roster. The right coach can figure out how to use them and what pieces we need to add. “But we don’t have a top 3 pick” is not a valid excuse at all.

Edited by poorboysrev
  • Pie 1

Anti-Tanker here or shall we say "realist" as I would love to know who in the absolute hell player or coach wise is going to poo up their season and risk their own damn jobs and careers in order to get a higher draft pick?

The whole "Tank" philosophy is not realistic so it completely kills the argument from the start. I would more or less worry about who to grab at our current draft position rather than whining about the final record of the team. But, I guess we could sit back and ponder over how Shaq could have purposely missed a few more tackle and let in a few more touchdowns or how DJ could have dropped a few TD's or how Foreman could have fumbled the ball all on purpose to help our draft status meanwhile ruining their own chances at a future to make all the tankers happy on a message board. Or potentially how Wilks could have intentionally lost a few games or made bad decisions on purpose to sabotage us meanwhi8le guaranteeing the end of his entire career if found out or proven to be true while also sabotaging whatever chance he had at securing a head coaching position in the future with whatever team he may go to next etc... Its all goofy to even go with that concept from the beginning. 

But then someone will say in the history of the league there have been a couple instances of tanking etc etc. Yep maybe there has been as far as it being an outlier but in the history of the world there have also been instances of someone jumping out of a plane and their parachute failing yet still living somehow which doesn't mean we should all follow that example and go jump out of a plan with no parachute because there have bee a few isolated incidences that we think may have happened.

Also, what happens when we tank on purpose and hurt everyone's careers on the team and then potential select a dud ass quarterback for that entire wasted year of evaluating nothing and doing nothing because we were too damn busy trying to find ways to lose on purpose and trying to convince players to screw up on purpose to mess up their careers and potential money all so we can get that to pick then we screw it up all to be damned and get us a Ryan Leaf? I say do what we can do each year and play to our best while coaching to our best to properly evaluate talent because this bullpoo tank way is not even close to reality.

• Beer 2

11 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Losing is for pussies.

Majority of the All-Pro/Pro Bowl/Playoff QB’s were drafted outside the top 5 picks of the draft. 

Bruh thank you for just saying it. Losing is for pussies. Anyone with management experience or some sort of leadership experience knows it’s very hard to get people back on the wagon once you lose them. No one wants young talented players out there just for a check. 

Confidence and belief in your abilities go a long way in any business or sport. At 3-13 team most of the same people crying about our record would not think a quarterback would fix our issues. You just can’t make some people happy. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

This is actually a loser mentality in sports and in life. Short term sacrifices for long term gains every single time. 

as evidenced by 22 wins in 4 years, if they cannot see how this franchise needs to be totally rebuilt then thats on them

the proof is in the pudding as they say