• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beating the Saints cost us 1 draft slot after all

Peon Awesome

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Ask Jets fans about "moral" victories. Won last game of season, dropped to #2 pick, and then missed out on Trevor Lawrence and ended up with Zack Wilson lol I wonder if they're still happy they won that meaningless game and still in QB purgatory for many years to come?

Yet another reason for them to hate Sam Darnold.   lol

20 hours ago, klumme said:

Its not only about the draft. With the win will next year play 

Miami, Dallas and Seahawks - Three PO teams (30-21)

Had we lost we would have played 

Arizona, Washington and Jets (19-31) 

Not sure that'll be that big of a deal at the end of the day. Teams swing too much from one season to next plus all the parity in the league means the difference between these set of teams might be marginal. Seattle overachieved this year and we still handily beat them. Arizona was a trainwreck and should get back a healthy Kyler and could see a big upgrade at coaching depending on who they hire. The Jets could be a juggernaut with even adequate qb play. I expect they'll spend big to nab someone like Garoppolo. And Tua had 3 concussions this year. No guarantees he'll be healthy. Dallas just got their ass handed to them by that very Commanders team in a game where they still had a shot at the 1 seed when the game started. 

I’d rather have Justin Herbert over Derrick Brown.

I’d rather have Penei Sewell over Jaycee Horn. And thats just one draft slot. But maybe that loss would have dropped us multiple slots which means we could have picked Waddle or Chase, for instance. 

The higher you pick the less people that are in front of you with a chance to take your guy. I would like to believe the outlook of our franchise would be tremendously different had we just gotten Herbert over Brown. 

And we scouted Herbert more than anyone. Herbert had a ton of question marks going into the draft. I feel he was our target and we weren’t aggressive enough in making sure we got him and it set us back. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I’d rather have Penei Sewell over Jaycee Horn. And thats just one draft slot. But maybe that loss would have dropped us multiple slots which means we could have picked Waddle or Chase, for instance. 

The higher you pick the less people that are in front of you with a chance to take your guy. I would like to believe the outlook of our franchise would be tremendously different had we just gotten Herbert over Brown. 

And we scouted Herbert more than anyone. Herbert had a ton of question marks going into the draft. I feel he was our target and we weren’t aggressive enough in making sure we got him and it set us back. 

Which of these late-season moral victories cost us Justin Herbert?

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 9.40.21 AM.png

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Varking said:

Completely forgot that Penei Sewell was even in the league.

(checks internet)  He's on the Lions?   Didn't notice him at all.

But one thing we can say is that he's less...*ahem*....injury-prone. 

5 hours ago, Varking said:

I’d rather have Penei Sewell over Jaycee Horn.  

With how things shook out, I'm actually very happy the Lions took Sewell here.  He was the guy I wanted the most in that draft, and being from Detroit with all my friends being Lions fans, that one killed me (they still like to joke about how angry I got at them taking the guy I wanted).

However... with us then getting Ickey this year, I'm much happier getting Horn with that pick.  I like the combo of having Horn and Ickey far more than I would have wanted Sewell and whoever else we would have taken in this past draft.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

With how things shook out, I'm actually very happy the Lions took Sewell here.  He was the guy I wanted the most in that draft, and being from Detroit with all my friends being Lions fans, that one killed me (they still like to joke about how angry I got at them taking the guy I wanted).

However... with us then getting Ickey this year, I'm much happier getting Horn with that pick.  I like the combo of having Horn and Ickey far more than I would have wanted Sewell and whoever else we would have taken in this past draft.

It’s the year before that hurts. Missing out on Herbert by one pick. 

• Pie 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:54 AM, Castavar said:

And now we have to play 2nd place schedule instead of a 4th place schedule. So now we have to play the Cowboys (refs), Seattle in their home, and Miami instead of the Commanders, Cardinals, and Jets. The gift that keeps on giving.

Not to mention it will take even more assets to trade up for a QB now (if we go that route). For all the people saying 1 draft spot doesn't matter, Herbert was taken 1 spot before us. But keep celebrating a meaningless win that everybody will forget by next year.

This is my biggest thing. Literally no one cares about the meaningless last game months later. It’s hilarious. Fans will swear up and down that the 5th or 7th win was actually totally revolutionary for our culture and trajectory then immediately stfu once April rolls around. Then next year, when we once again suck, the same exact Fan reaction! This is quite the phenomenon. Rinse and repeat. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Varking said:

Blame Rhule and Tepper (yes Tepper impacts the drafts and sways choices), they said no to moving up for Herbert. 

Hurney love Herbert. 🤷‍♂️

Why I think Wilks is the coach and why Fit is still here. Also why I think the team trades up to 1 or 2. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1