• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to get the #1 pick from the Bears, what's your move?

EgoDogg

36 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

What does he actually weigh? Was it below 200? Do you think he will hold up in the NFL? Mahomes isn't a completely tiny guy I don't think is he?

According to his recruiting profile on 247Sports, Young measured in at 5-foot-11 and 183 pounds when he was a five-star recruit coming out of high school.

Now,i see they are listing him being 6'0" 194 pounds. I suppose we will get the accurate measurements on all the players at the combine.

• Pie 1

We should think broader than the exchange rate for picks.

I still think that if we offer Burns and Moore and either 1 1st or 2 2nds, the Bears take it and run.

They have bad for way too long, especially for that market. They need the young knowns that Burns and Moore are. More draft picks doesn't help them IMO. They would love to draft a Burns or Moore clone at 9, so may as well have the real thing.

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Not exactly, he pretty much said he wasn't drafting a qb at 1. He left it a little open saying they'd have to be wowd to even consider it but it wasn't expected.  

Yeah I took it as him saying we could take a QB so make sure you offer us enough compensation to make it worth us to move from #1

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

We should think broader than the exchange rate for picks.

I still think that if we offer Burns and Moore and either 1 1st or 2 2nds, the Bears take it and run.

They have bad for way too long, especially for that market. They need the young knowns that Burns and Moore are. More draft picks doesn't help them IMO. They would love to draft a Burns or Moore clone at 9, so may as well have the real thing.

Given that  Burns and Moore were both 1st rounders and you are giving up another first and 2seconds to move up 8 spots you are giving away the farm for a maybe. In fact we have been offered 2 1sts for Burns who is a pro-bowler making him an even trade to move up let alone Moore who had 3 1000 yard seasons. I think there will be great qbs at 9 just like there have been in recent drafts.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

According to his recruiting profile on 247Sports, Young measured in at 5-foot-11 and 183 pounds when he was a five-star recruit coming out of high school.

Now,i see they are listing him being 6'0" 194 pounds. I suppose we will get the accurate measurements on all the players at the combine.

Stetson Bennett is listed at 5'11" and 190...

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yea, Bryce very well could drop after combine measurements. He’ll probably be listed at 5’10. 5’9.8 wouldn’t surprise me though. At this point, I think I’d be more surprised if he’s 5’11+. 

Kyler definitely has some traits of dwarfism. 

• Beer 1