• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your 2023 Off-season Predictions!

Zod

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So where does Aaron Rodgers land?

Jets/Raiders seem like the most realistic.

It would have to be a crazy offer for a team in the NFC to land him.

I am hoping Raiders....it would likely include giving up the first round pick this year which is one less QB needy team ahead of us.

20 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I will change my line of thinking when I see him throw like an NFL QB

Ive seen NFL throws and lots of bad ones too........seen drops too. His arm is legit, it maybe better than levis...... You got to see past those bad FL coaches, but many reports they didnt have faith in him...... they never coached him up as well...

My main reasoning is he will blow-up the combine, in everything size, speed, arm, etc etc. I hope he lifts too.....once compared to the others, straight mis-match....

Hes the classic "potential" type....

@me after the combine. 

Edited by Basbear

4 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

I am hoping Raiders....it would likely include giving up the first round pick this year which is one less QB needy team ahead of us.

If they trade that pick for Rodgers, that puts GB in that spot. Who, will be a QB needy team post trade.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im pretty sure that's why they drafted him.lol

Thought I had seen he wanted out, and GB seemed willing to oblige. Mutually disgruntled. If they’re in the mix at the top of the draft wouldn’t be surprised to see GB scoop any of the top 4 ‘23 QB prospects after a big off season trade of Rodgers to LV.

17 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They all average QB's who will have us in the same position next year looking for another QB.

Why are you still on the bridge QB train?

Because of the reasons I stated - our current draft position, teams ahead of us who need a QB, the cost of moving up, not the strongest QB options in the draft, the guys available in FA, cap space....

You don't overpay for a drafted QB just because you need a QB....if you don't see them as a long term Top 10 QB you don't draft them 9th....period.  Would you rather have 3 solid years of QB play and all our picks the next 2 years, or risk a QB bust giving up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks to move up?  For reference here are 2 scenarios that are very possible with our current situation:

Option #1 - Carr, #1 WR in draft, #2 TE or #2 MLB

Option #2 - Zach Wilson (but looks like CJ Stroud), same WR's and TE's we have now cause you traded our 2nd and 3rd round pick to move up

Option #1 is all but guaranteed real if you can get Carr - the draft picks aren't guaranteed to be special but you have a very good shot.  Option #2 you could get the next Zach Wilson or the next Trevor Lawrence....only about a 20-30% chance at best.....and you are guaranteed to lose 2 of the best prospects at their position to trade up for him.

Opinions differ, but I believe the smarter play given the situation we are in is my original post.  It isn't that I was bridge QB's - but I don't see the next Trevor, Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Hurts, or Jackson in this draft....certainly not enough to make me give up top picks to get Stroud over AR.  If it was 2021 I would gladly give up those picks for Trevor....even before this past season.....but none of these guys look like that.

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Option #2 - Zach Wilson (but looks like CJ Stroud), same WR's and TE's we have now cause you traded our 2nd and 3rd round pick to move up

Option #1 is all but guaranteed real if you can get Carr - the draft picks aren't guaranteed to be special but you have a very good shot.  Option #2 you could get the next Zach Wilson or the next Trevor Lawrence....only about a 20-30% chance at best.....and you are guaranteed to lose 2 of the best prospects at their position to trade up for him.

Opinions differ, but I believe the smarter play given the situation we are in is my original post.  It isn't that I was bridge QB's - but I don't see the next Trevor, Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Hurts, or Jackson in this draft....certainly not enough to make me give up top picks to get Stroud over AR.  If it was 2021 I would gladly give up those picks for Trevor....even before this past season.....but none of these guys look like that.

You are calling CJ Stroud....ZACH F'N WILSON??? 

Funny GIF

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Because of the reasons I stated - our current draft position, teams ahead of us who need a QB, the cost of moving up, not the strongest QB options in the draft, the guys available in FA, cap space....

You don't overpay for a drafted QB just because you need a QB....if you don't see them as a long term Top 10 QB you don't draft them 9th....period.  Would you rather have 3 solid years of QB play and all our picks the next 2 years, or risk a QB bust giving up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks to move up?  For reference here are 2 scenarios that are very possible with our current situation:

Teams won’t trade out of the top pick when it’s a talent like Lawrence with little question marks. You can only get those guys by finishing last. 

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Teams won’t trade out of the top pick when it’s a talent like Lawrence with little question marks. You can only get those guys by finishing last. 

My point wasn't their prospect rating - it was that the guy you trade up and draft could be either of those 2 possibilities while Carr is a known talent.  had nothing to do with Trevor's potential - it is his reality