• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your 2023 Off-season Predictions!

Zod

This off-season I predict that:

• I will drink a case of Dhalwhinnie scotch
  • I will move more that 1000 miles from my current home to a new one
  • The Panthers will do Panthers things
  • There will be a combine
  • It will be hot as fug in Charlotte this summer
  • Panthers will draft players in various rounds
  • Panthers will cut players
  • Ill be ready for kick-off of a new season with great hopes for a title

• Pie 2

More of hopes than a prediction, but Ben Johnson & C.J. Stroud.

I think Houston will trade up to the first pick to block Indianapolis from choosing their favored quarterback. From there Chicago will trade out again, hopefully to the Panthers. I believe Young will most likely go first overall, leaving Stroud to whomever makes the trade.

51 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

More of hopes than a prediction, but Ben Johnson & C.J. Stroud.

I think Houston will trade up to the first pick to block Indianapolis from choosing their favored quarterback. From there Chicago will trade out again, hopefully to the Panthers. I believe Young will most likely go first overall, leaving Stroud to whomever makes the trade.

Would be totally happy with this. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Reality:  It is in everybody's best interests if Sam Darnold finds a new team.

2023 Prediction:  Panthers will sign Sam to a two year contract for an unjustifiably large amount of money.  He will continue to be one of the worst QBs in the league and painful to watch.

"unjustifiably"?

If he starts, then yeah.

If he's signed for Backup money, and he's just there to hold a clipboard and watch Corral or Richardson(or whomever the Panthers draft at QB) go out there and show us what they got, it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Of course the Panthers could find someone better to fill in the backup role but will they?   That's the question.

15 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

My prediction is that we disappoint 50% of the Huddle

The huddle implodes and thinks they're better off running this organization 🤣🤣

Seems about right.

However, to be fair, Tepper has presided over the longest streak of consecutive losing seasons in Panthers history.  That certainly didn't take Dave very long to accomplish.

I'd be willing to bet there are more than a handful of individuals posting here that could give Tepper a run for his money.  Not saying any of them would do a great job or even a good job.  I'm just saying it wouldn't take much to surpass what Tepper has accomplished to date. 

On 1/11/2023 at 6:21 AM, Khyber53 said:

Nope. Take him there, don't eff around and miss him. We need a receiving TE more than just about anything else here. The lack of a good tight end has left the middle of the field to the defenders and is one of the main reasons DJ, TMJ and Laviska can rarely get open. We can't stress the seams enough. 

In the past, we could rely on CMC to do that work some, but those days are gone.

The only other potential spot I'd draft is DE at #9 but only if one of the two best somehow falls to us. 

No,, We need some one who touches the ball on ever snap. Not 7-10 targets  a game.

WE DO NEED A TIGHT END THAT IS PART OF THE OFFENSE, WHO CAN CATCH A 5 YARD PASS OVER THE MIDDLE  EVERYTIME WE NEED IT.  2ND OR 3RD ROUND

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

No,, We need some one who touches the ball on ever snap. Not 7-10 targets  a game.

WE DO NEED A TIGHT END THAT IS PART OF THE OFFENSE, WHO CAN CATCH A 5 YARD PASS OVER THE MIDDLE  EVERYTIME WE NEED IT.  2ND OR 3RD ROUND

No, we need someone who can open up the field and give a QB a working target on every frikkin' play.

First round. Spend the pick, get the man, move on and win.

There's not a great QB that deserves a 1st round pick this season, grab someone in the second or third.