• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold had the 13th worst QB win in NFL history if we measured passer rating

ENC Pantherfan

Just now, Krovvy said:

This thread's a fugin' clown car.

And you're driving. I posted where those stats you keep spouting would rank in the NFL. Sorry, but 15th best in the NFL doesn't = not worth a back up role.

You can tout the historic rushing numbers if you'd like, but Darnold had average starter outings when the rushing game no showed. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

First - Sam has been given more opportunity than other comparable busts.  Saying other bad QBs exist doesn't counter that statement. 

Second - I credit the best rushing attack in the NFL post Rhule's firing for salvaging the season to a respectable end.   Not the QB play.  

Third - What are you talking about? What playoff QB would we be getting?  Present playoff QBs have nothing to do with what we would be looking for in a vet/mentor/coach QB add for young QBs on our roster.  That's not who would fill that role.  You aren't adding that guy to play.   Unless your season is a disaster, and everything implodes.  See a Joe Flacco in NY this season.  He was hired for that role.  His role is emergency QB at best in terms of playing.   But he knows how to play.  He knows the game.  He has seen success.  He is a paid coach.  

We need add actual talent that can turn into something.  No more Teddy, Sam, Baker, recycling.   They all were what they were when we added them.   You aren't' fixing established guys.  And they all were when we added them.  Established as not good enough. 

Fourth - again, Sam Darnold doesn't have the resume.  He needs a mentor still on how to play because he isn't good.   All Sam can mentor someone on is dealing with the bad.   Which is something.  But he doesn't know the good.  Again, the reason speaks for itself. 

Do you even read what you post? The ONLY thing in that post I agree with is "We need actual talent" the rest is just you fluffing the bust stigma.

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

chris rock wtf GIF

I get it, numbers are hard bruh. Don't want to quantify 'average' now.

Gotta distract from any real argument.

A 58% completion percentage, with 3200 yards, 19 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions with a high number of fumbles and more receiver batted down interceptions than touchdowns will never, ever, in any way be considered good in the modern NFL.

Edited by Krovvy
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

There is no argument on that.  Sam Darnold is a massive bust. 

It's just a fact that happens to come up when someone wants to talk about him playing here in 2023.  There is no reason for him. 

Do you think Matt Corral and PJ Walker are better?

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

And you're driving. I posted where those stats you keep spouting would rank in the NFL. Sorry, but 15th best in the NFL doesn't = not worth a back up role.

You can tout the historic rushing numbers if you'd like, but Darnold had average starter outings when the rushing game no showed. 

Naw, you guys are.

image.png.032e0a2fde049bb54cf993851ffde1d7.png

• Poo 1

Krovvy, you're trolling.

You have to be for purposely ignoring what I said.

Or maybe you forgot that you put up those stats (3238 Yards, 20 touchdowns, 9 interceptions), were called out on it, and are trying to backtrack into more nonsense...

Edited by glenwo2

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Bridge qbs keep you mired in mediocrity. That's all we've had since we lost Cam. It's time to suck it up and start the draft pick or Corrall and move on. Let the chips fall where they may.

I'm with you.  Start the rookie and if he struggles that's fine we land a top pick to help him out or replace him.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

1 game. Now do the 6 before that. I dare you.

Sam Darnold didn't even throw for 165 yards in 50% of his games.   

When he did, we went 1-2.  The one win being over the worst pass D in the NFL. 

The key to winning with Sam Darnold.  Is doing your best to make him invisible.  Minimize his impact.  Because he doesn't play QB well.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Oh, don't want to include that one game against an awful divisional opponent now? Okay, so you only want to cherry pick the 5 previous, or do you want to remove a few of those too? Maybe another divisional opponent? Certainly, you don't want to include his first year in Carolina or his rookie years in New York.

Damm you are something. You posted 43 yards. Which is one game. You cherry picker. 

Sam led the league in passer rating the 6 games before that. But that doesn't fit your pitiful narrative.