• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold had the 13th worst QB win in NFL history if we measured passer rating

ENC Pantherfan

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

And when did the argument switch to whether Sam is a bust or not?  

The goal posts seem to be moving at Warp speed here, Captain.

Oh no, they haven't. Sam is in fact a bust, as we've agreed.

I'm just giving you the reasoning why Sam shouldn't be signed, which is what the Panthers will look at. They will not just take some myopic view of him, looking into these six games. At the very least they'll also be looking at film, including his first disastrous year in Carolina where he was benched.

• Poo 1

28 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

This is some clown poo.

We actually have posters still arguing one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL the last 5 years deserves another contract. Sam Darnold, in his best 'year' is "average" if you extrapolate the metrics from 6 games where the team put up historic rushing numbers.

image.png.032e0a2fde049bb54cf993851ffde1d7.png

I can't believe we have fans that are so upset Sam had a decent year, that they jump through hoops to post something negative.

"Oh no, there are ppl on the Huddle that want Sam back". UM...No there is not. But you Sam haters just keep regurgitating anything you can to dismiss the fact we dam near made the Playoffs with SAM.

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

It's low for Sam BECAUSE of those bad seasons.

It's low because this is the first time in FOREVER that there is sign of actual IMPROVEMENT from him which I didn't think he ever would improve at all (and that he is what he is).

It's low because losers put the bar there because they for some reason do.

Why is that reason?

• Poo 1

Just now, Gerry Green said:

I can't believe we have fans that are so upset Sam had a decent year, that they jump through hoops to post something negative.

"Oh no, there are ppl on the Huddle that want Sam back". UM...No there is not. But you Sam haters just keep regurgitating anything you can to dismiss the fact we dam near made the Playoffs with SAM.

If D.J. Moore wasn't so good at turning into a defensive back then Sam wouldn't even have "decent" statistics.

• Poo 1

Just now, Krovvy said:

Oh no, they haven't. Sam is in fact a bust, as we've agreed.

I'm just giving you the reasoning why Sam shouldn't be signed, which is what the Panthers will look at. They will not just take some myopic view of him, looking into these six games. At the very least they'll also be looking at film, including his first disastrous year in Carolina where he was benched.

For the record (and to help you calm your tits), I'm also thinking that the Panthers won't re-sign him and look elsewhere.

But when you put up extrapolating stats that look better than ANY OF THE OTHER STATS HE'S EVER HAD (and try to use that to say he's still no good), that's pretty damn weird to say the least.

• Beer 1

Just now, glenwo2 said:

For the record (and to help you calm your tits), I'm also thinking that the Panthers won't re-sign him and look elsewhere.

But when you put up extrapolating stats that look better than ANY OF THE OTHER STATS HE'S EVER HAD (and try to use that to say he's still no good), that's pretty damn weird to say the least.

It's not weird, I'm the one extrapolating. And if you think 15/32 is good, okay, but it's not, especially when considering historic rushing numbers, would-be interceptions, and the level of play of opponents. 

• Poo 1

46 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've been saying this from day one. Play the rookie (whoever it is) and take your lumps. Forget the bridge qb BS. If the rook bombs you are in a good spot to take another shot in the next draft. Rinse and repeat until one sticks.

That's my preferred route too. Also more fun for fans instead of the cycle we've been in the last three years.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

If D.J. Moore wasn't so good at turning into a defensive back then Sam wouldn't even have "decent" statistics.

If DJ could get open, Sam wouldn't have to force it.  I still think it's hilarious that people are taking up for a QB on another team, but won't accept the short comings on this roster.

13 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

First bolded. there are still plenty of bad QBs in the league. So...

Second bolded. Give him credit for having a pretty good year. For taking a team that was 1-5, and almost making the Playoffs. Busts don't do that.

Third bolded. What Playoff QB would you see us actually getting? That deflection allowed you to skip past having to answer the "Who should we bring in" question.

Fourth bolded. You have no idea what goes on behind those gates. It is just as easy to say Sam can be a mentor, as it is to say otherwise. Just because he has had a rough career, does not automatically eliminate him from being a mentor. 

In conclusion. Your hatred of Sam won't even allow you the possibility of thinking this year has shown that maybe, just maybe, there is more to Sam that meets your eye.

First - Sam has been given more opportunity than other comparable busts.  Saying other bad QBs exist doesn't counter that statement. 

Second - I credit the best rushing attack in the NFL post Rhule's firing for salvaging the season to a respectable end.   Not the QB play.  

Third - What are you talking about? What playoff QB would we be getting?  Present playoff QBs have nothing to do with what we would be looking for in a vet/mentor/coach QB add for young QBs on our roster.  That's not who would fill that role.  You aren't adding that guy to play.   Unless your season is a disaster, and everything implodes.  See a Joe Flacco in NY this season.  He was hired for that role.  His role is emergency QB at best in terms of playing.   But he knows how to play.  He knows the game.  He has seen success.  He is a paid coach.  

We need add actual talent that can turn into something.  No more Teddy, Sam, Baker, recycling.   They all were what they were when we added them.   You aren't' fixing established guys.  And they all were when we added them.  Established as not good enough. 

Fourth - again, Sam Darnold doesn't have the resume.  He needs a mentor still on how to play because he isn't good.   All Sam can mentor someone on is dealing with the bad.   Which is something.  But he doesn't know the good.  Again, the reason speaks for itself. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It's not weird, I'm the one extrapolating. And if you think 15/32 is good, okay, but it's not, especially when considering historic rushing numbers, would-be interceptions, and the level of play of opponents. 

Where the f-ck does 15/32 come from?

I'm referring to this from YOU :

So, Sam would have 3238 Yards, 20 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 17 fumbles in the now 17 game season.

Have you been thinking I was talking about something else entirely?