• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold had the 13th worst QB win in NFL history if we measured passer rating

ENC Pantherfan

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This has to be the most bizarre thread in the history of the huddle.  Some weird fuging takes going on here.  Are they really arguing that darnold is a top 15 qb?  What in the holy fug is wrong with you people and this is after a historically bad performance.  What the fug have you guys been watching the last few weeks? 

Seems we have some folks here who could use the kind of care only an inpatient psychiatric facility could provide.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This has to be the most bizarre thread in the history of the huddle.  Some weird fuging takes going on here.  Are they really arguing that darnold is a top 15 qb?  What in the holy fug is wrong with you people and this is after a historically bad performance.  What the fug have you guys been watching the last few weeks? 

No one thinks Darnold is a top 15 QB. Pointing out that his stats this season would have ended up around 15th in a lot of categories doesn't mean he's a consistent, top 15 guy. It means that his stats were 15th in those categories, which is ~average production. There's about 4 of you on this thread struggling with comprehension.

My final thoughts on Darnold (at least for today) because I'm tiring of the discussion:

• Darnold is likely a long term #20-40 QB in the league 
  • Darnold, at 25 years old, isn't a finished product even after 5 accrued seasons
  • #25-40 QBs are worthy of a backup contract
  • I was impressed by his performance in 2022 compared to all of our expectations
  • I think it would be a good move to sign him ~2 years at 5mil per if he'd take it
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, falconlynx said:

I’ve only seen half the Saints game so far, but from the film, he’s running for his life the moment Brady Christensen gets hurt and is replaced by Michael Jordan. 

Tough to have a good day behind a line giving up interior pressure like that every play. 

At least MJ made up for it by recovering what could've been a crushing fumble and scored. 

But yeah....BC being hurt changed the whole complexion of the game. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, falconlynx said:

I’ve only seen half the Saints game so far, but from the film, he’s running for his life the moment Brady Christensen gets hurt and is replaced by Michael Jordan. 

Tough to have a good day behind a line giving up interior pressure like that every play. 

Yeah he needs a solid pocket and a great rushing game (preferably franchise record day rushing) and his throws limited, plus DJ bailing him out a couple plays and he can be decent sometimes.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he needs a solid pocket and a great rushing game (preferably franchise record day rushing) and his throws limited, plus DJ bailing him out a couple plays and he can be decent sometimes.

Any QB could use a solid pocket and great rushing game, though. 

I don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Any QB could use a solid pocket and great rushing game, though. 

I don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

Damn near ANY QB could look serviceable in those situations. The problem it when one of those things aren’t working it’s an absolute disaster. Any pressure and you don’t get get a couple bad throws, you get that lovely 2.6 passer rating and an awful offense where our backup guard was our only TD scorer.

• Pie 2

If he'd have passed for 300 yards and won the game single-handedly there'd be a contingent saying Darnold alone cost us two spots in the draft.

If we'd have lost the game, they'd have said look at what a bum he is, turning out that kind of performance when he knew his career was on the line.

This has been a swamp-assed year of a football season and it has created the pissiest fan situation ever.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, frankw said:

The Darnold fans in this thread make the average New York Jets fan look like they're Mensa members.

Giving credit to someone who deserves it is being an objective fan. Darnold is a short term solution at QB, I haven’t read a post that states otherwise. Denying the fact that he’s been a part of turning the season around is idiotic. I swear to God some of you guys spend way too much time talking about the same sh1t, it never stops. And I thought my wife bitched a lot…

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

14 hours ago, ECHornet said:

My final thoughts on Darnold (at least for today) because I'm tiring of the discussion:

Oh yeah you're definitely tired of the discussion right that's why you're up at 7 in the morning already pooing posts that aren't overwhelmingly positive towards your favorite NFL QB. Seek help ECHornet.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Damn near ANY QB could look serviceable in those situations. The problem it when one of those things aren’t working it’s an absolute disaster. Any pressure and you don’t get get a couple bad throws, you get that lovely 2.6 passer rating and an awful offense where our backup guard was our only TD scorer.

It's the same argument you'd see on this board in the 2010 offseason on why we didn't need to take a QB, we just needed to surround Jimmy Clausen with a better offensive line and weapons and he would develop into the QB that Mel Kiper told us he would be.