• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold’s Market Value per Spotrac

ECHornet

BC3AD158-3CFC-4470-BD21-1864F3CD4F53.thumb.jpeg.8ca09e03755ef99127bb79fa1fe306cf.jpeg

Spotrac is likely the best source for contract related NFL info. Based on their calculations regarding Sam’s performance and age, they expect his value to be equivalent to the #32 QB in the league. 

Thought that was interesting. Other than an elite rookie prospect, it seems Sam would be the ideal backup QB according to the most respected contract data site covering the NFL. 

Source: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/sam-darnold-25098/market-value/

Edited by ECHornet
Added link
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There were dudes just 5 days ago wanting to give him 3 years at 8 per. 

That was me and you’re misrepresenting what I posted. 

I said I’d like to see Darnold brought back for 2-3 years at 5-8mil per year. BUT, I also said the best case scenario would be Darnold having his worst game against the Saints so we could be on the lower end of that range. 

Lo and behold, my wish was granted and look where his value is now. 

• Beer 1

I don't see the point in bringing him back when there are likely others with more experience to serve as a bridge out there for similar costs, but if his familiarity with the team etc means we get him cheapish and the new coach feels he's a good bridge to a young guy, whatever.  I just don't want to see him for more than 5 games. He falls apart after that in a bad way it seems.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

If it's a fairly easy negotiation and we can get him under 5 to compliment a rookie QB deal, then I guess? He's a backup who you can win some games with, depending on the matchup.  

The entire QB market is beyond slim pickings.  The other options are basically Cooper Rush, Gardner Minshew, Mike White, Taylor Heinicke, Jacoby Brissett, Drew Lock & Mason Rudolph.

We don't need to pay Jimmy G or Daniel Jones, those guys can go elsewhere.

• Pie 3