• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

M Kaye Observer HC candidates pros and cons

raleigh-panther

After further reflection, if Steve Wilks gets a 3 year contract it wouldn't upset me.  He did rather well this season, especially considering what he had to work with. 

With his years in the NFL, I don't doubt he could build a decent coaching staff and we already know he is a great motivator and leader of young men.  My biggest worry (with only a small sample size) is what appears to be an aversion to taking risks when the game/season is on the line. 

Yes, offense is important, but NFL history has numerous examples of teams with high scoring offenses that failed to win the SB for a lack of a dominant defense.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

After further reflection, if Steve Wilks gets a 3 year contract it wouldn't upset me.  He did rather well this season, especially considering what he had to work with. 

With his years in the NFL, I don't doubt he could build a decent coaching staff and we already know he is a great motivator and leader of young men.  My biggest worry (with only a small sample size) is what appears to be an aversion to taking risks when the game/season is on the line. 

Yes, offense is important, but NFL history has numerous examples of teams with high scoring offenses that failed to win the SB for a lack of a dominant defense.

If he gets a new contract, hopefully it will be with Reich at OC. 

• Pie 1

Since the lack of division success is a signal that Reich is better fit for a coordinator job than a head coaching position.

A Wilks (head coach)-Reich (offensive coordinator) pairing could be appealing to Tepper and a combination I would like to see joined together..

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Reich isn't brilliant?

Reich is seen as one of the better offensive minds in the NFL. The Colts ranked in the top 10 in scoring in three of his first four seasons in Indianapolis. The unit also ranked in the top of the league in yardage during three of those four seasons as well. 

While Reich had a turnstile at quarterback during his tenure, his offenses — until this past season — functioned at a relatively high level.