• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey: Because, of course

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

I’d still make the trade we did 100 times out of 100. 

rare win win trade. 

Niners got a great player who may be able to help them win a championship. We got some cap relief and a haul for a running back who has been really unlucky with injuries. 

Funny he hasn’t been “unlucky” in SF. Makes me wonder if he was giving 100% while here.

1 hour ago, CamTheMan said:

Yeah, that 60-64th overall pick is really gonna come in handy! We traded a hall of fame talent for a bunch of mid rounders because we didn't know how to properly utilize him, I'd hardly call that a win-win. They're on their 3rd string quarterback and haven't lost a step on offense because of him.

It's like trying to pretend you’re okay with hearing your wife get fugged every night because at least she let you hang a poster in the basement and her new boyfriend brings you a happy meal sometimes. You weren't able to please her in the bedroom for years and you've slowly been growing apart and then she suggested you open the relationship. You wanted to disagree but you don't make enough income and you work too long hours as it is, so you can't really afford to lose the house to her in a divorce and all the lawyer fees, etc. You just sheepishly accept it and every night you have to listen to another man pleasing her while you drink and play Xbox 360 (you couldn't afford any newer consoles) in the basement, turning the volume up to try and drain out the noise. But it doesn't work. It NEVER works. 

That is this fanbase. Our wife is getting fugged right now. They're going to win a superbowl with him while we sit at home trying to cope, pretending our crappy second round pick is a fair trade.

I’d agree except Foreman and Hubbard combined to rush for more yards per carry than CMC did while he was here this year. So it’s more like your new woman is prettier than your cheating wife. Yea, it still stings that it happened, but look what you have now. Plus you got more money in the divorce. 

Edited by ECHornet

1 hour ago, CamTheMan said:

Yeah, that 60-64th overall pick is really gonna come in handy! We traded a hall of fame talent for a bunch of mid rounders because we didn't know how to properly utilize him, I'd hardly call that a win-win. They're on their 3rd string quarterback and haven't lost a step on offense because of him.

It's like trying to pretend you’re okay with hearing your wife get fugged every night because at least she let you hang a poster in the basement and her new boyfriend brings you a happy meal sometimes. You weren't able to please her in the bedroom for years and you've slowly been growing apart and then she suggested you open the relationship. You wanted to disagree but you don't make enough income and you work too long hours as it is, so you can't really afford to lose the house to her in a divorce and all the lawyer fees, etc. You just sheepishly accept it and every night you have to listen to another man pleasing her while you drink and play Xbox 360 (you couldn't afford any newer consoles) in the basement, turning the volume up to try and drain out the noise. But it doesn't work. It NEVER works. 

That is this fanbase. Our wife is getting fugged right now. They're going to win a superbowl with him while we sit at home trying to cope, pretending our crappy second round pick is a fair trade.

That is a very detailed analogy...

Are you posting from that basement right now?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Given his history and talent level he could win a few of those over the years. 

I'm impressed with SF's usage of him. 1 game he rushed more than 20 times with 10 targets or less in the passing game. Very smart. 

Shows that good coaches know how to use a RB to help prolong his career and hopefully remain injury free.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

I’d still make the trade we did 100 times out of 100. 

rare win win trade. 

Niners got a great player who may be able to help them win a championship. We got some cap relief and a haul for a running back who has been really unlucky with injuries. 

Eh. I see it another way. 

In reality this magnifies this franchise’s biggest issues for years, awful cap management/contracts and poorly utilizing a modern player causing him to be more injury prone, which both are loosely related to cringe dinosaur coaching hires and losing seasons with a crippled cap (obviously).

But I get it, we need to self preserve so yea, this was a win for us I guess.

For the record, I would’ve taken this trade too. But I’m not going to ignore the bigger picture/issue of what is going on.

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Eh. I see it another way. 

In reality this magnifies this franchise’s biggest issues for years, awful cap management/contracts and poorly utilizing a modern player causing him to be more injury prone, which both are loosely related to cringe dinosaur coaching hires and losing seasons with a crippled cap (obviously).

But I get it, we need to self preserve so yea, this was a win for us I guess.

For the record, I would’ve taken this trade too. But I’m not going to ignore the bigger picture/issue of what is going on.

Well, we are hiring a new coach and most on the list are young, innovative offensive minds.