• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HC Candidate List

Bear Hands

49 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Wilson doesn't look salvageable and is also in his 'no longer hungry' phase.

I agree with you except 1 thing.  Wilson looked so bad last year I think he needs to prove something. (So far he has made Carroll look like a pretty darn good coach)  Not sure that he can. Would be fun to have the media drool all over that pairing (Payton and Wilson) and then see it not succeed. 😎

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

I agree with you except 1 thing.  Wilson looked so bad last year I think he needs to prove something. (So far he has made Carroll look like a pretty darn good coach)  Not sure that he can. Would be fun to have the media drool all over that pairing (Payton and Wilson) and then see it not succeed. 😎

That sounds amazing and I would love to see it in Denver.

• Pie 1

Mike Florio and Charean Williams debate whether or not it would be a good fit for all involved parties.

Summary:

• No lose situation for Payton if he goes to Denver. If Russell doesn't look better next year, it's because Russ can't be fixed, not because Payton failed.
  • Indy doesn't want him. Cardinals seem less likely after hiring GM. Down to Houston, Denver, or Carolina. They don't even discuss Houston much.
  • Payton has leverage. Can always go back to New Orleans and make it very awkward for them. New Orleans will make it work to get him to a new team.
  • Payton has incentive to return to coaching this year. He's going to make 20-25 million. Money he'll never see if he holds out.
  • Best spot for Payton is Carolina. Payton/Carolina would dominate the division "for years to come" with Payton.
  • Payton has said publicly no QB in place is not a problem. New Orleans had no QB when Payton took the job. They tried to get Romo, and settled for Brees after the Dolphins rejected him. He was competitive with Jameis Winston and Ian Book.

These are not my thoughts or opinions. I am only summarizing the video for those who may not have time to watch it.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Mike Florio and Charean Williams debate whether or not it would be a good fit for all involved parties.

Summary:

• No lose situation for Payton if he goes to Denver. If Russell doesn't look better next year, it's because Russ can't be fixed, not because Payton failed.
  • Indy doesn't want him. Cardinals seem less likely after hiring GM. Down to Houston, Denver, or Carolina. They don't even discuss Houston much.
  • Payton has leverage. Can always go back to New Orleans and make it very awkward for them. New Orleans will make it work to get him to a new team.
  • Payton has incentive to return to coaching this year. He's going to make 20-25 million. Money he'll never see if he holds out.
  • Best spot for Payton is Carolina. Payton/Carolina would dominate the division "for years to come" with Payton.
  • Payton has said publicly no QB in place is not a problem. New Orleans had no QB when Payton took the job. They tried to get Romo, and settled for Brees after the Dolphins rejected him. He was competitive with Jameis Winston and Ian Book.

These are not my thoughts or opinions. I am only summarizing the video for those who may not have time to watch it.

Thanks for the summary!

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Summary:

After watching that, there is a strong possibility that Payton works it out with Tepper if both sides want it to happen. I am torn on what I want, but it doesn't matter what we want or think is good for the franchise. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I don't have a problem with Payton as head coach, but we better not give up two 1st round picks for him. I can live with next year's 1st, but anything more other than a 4th or lower on top of that is too much.

Agree 100% - 2 firsts is TOO MUCH

• Pie 1

I'm firmly on the Steichen or Kafka bus right now.  I'll try my best to be excited if it's Moore, Dorsey or Reich.  Still really unsure about retaining Wilks & highly doubt Evero or Caldwell is happening.

It's pretty much a wait and see at this point.  

Giants-Eagles could likely have our next HC on the sidelines.

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Beer 2

1 component on the Qb scenario. I'm pretty sure that Payton and the front office in New Orleans at the time did homework on Corral. I saw articles about it awhile back. Maybe(if they get Payton) they try the Brady or vet Qb and continue  to develop  Corral. One thing is for sure, if he sat behind Brady for a year or two with Payton at the helm... he would definitely  have 2 of the top Offensive minds to learn from. If he was ever going to succeed, that's the scenario  for him. No I know the hate for both Brady and Payton is paramount but I'm speaking on  possible logic. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1