• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HC Candidate List

Bear Hands

5 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I gotta say, this just feels SOOOOOO much more damn promising than the 2019 batch of Mike McCarthy, Matt Rhule, Josh McDaniels, & Rob Ryan

Plus by many old media reports, the carolina panthers is listed as the top job............ excuse me

1642823822092.thumb.jpg.6faef6920cdc650746196a540499fcee.jpg

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Problem is that OC is probably gone in a year or two - that's why guys like Johnson, Kafka, Steichen, Dorsey are getting looks this go around even though they only have 1-2 years OC experience.

Could see Lafleur being an OC on DeMeco Ryans staff, btw.

Might be that a Wlks/Reich combo might be best for something like that. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Mike Kafka Vid below (somewhat dry alert) but I wouldn't discount this dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsRoc8GPySs&ab_channel=NewYorkGiants

Something I'm trying to place is how these different personalities will work with our interview room. 

Hurney & Tepper sounded like they went with the feel with Rhule.  I just see Hurney as such a sucker type.  WIth Fitt it's different.  They may need to step back and ask themselves who really laid out the best vision and not just who had the best interview from a personable standpoint.  Will have their BS detectors on, and Scott seems much more in tune with the vision and philosophy chatter.    

Looking at Ben Johnson, think he will absolutely crush first impressions, he's easily got the most charisma, but that doesn't mean he's the best.  If they take some time to deliberate and see who's best, Steichen or even Kafka could come out looking really impressive.  All depends I suppose!

My instinct has those 3 as our frontrunners.  

Steichen, Johnson, Kafka

Kafka if he brings Tierney is the clear winner.

Johnson isn't going to be able to take anything from Campbell. I'd be interested if Brunell came with Johnson, but doubt he will leave Campbell.

Steichen's staff would also be unimpressive. Steichen with the Chargers was unimpressive. 

22 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Kafka if he brings Tierney is the clear winner.

Johnson isn't going to be able to take anything from Campbell. I'd be interested if Brunell came with Johnson, but doubt he will leave Campbell.

Steichen's staff would also be unimpressive. Steichen with the Chargers was unimpressive. 

A good portion of the Eagles staff would strongly consider following Shane per The Athletic.  He seems like a super impressive guy by all accounts that has a strong network.

And Ben as mentioned is plugged into a really significant branch of the Holmgren tree so it's not just the Campbell staff.  The Bengals, Cowboys, Bucs, Dolphins, and Lions all have parts of their crews with ties to his biggest growth years on an NFL staff.  He has a much wider net than the other candidates with strong roots.    

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

If anything, Kafka has the weakest network out of all of these candidates.  Reich, likely the largest.  

I dont know which would have the weakest, but Kafka got KC ties and some of andy reids redwood tree in his phone contacts.. 

that system is used by dam near all teams (plays at least).