• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HC Candidate List

Bear Hands

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know people didn't want us to interview him, but Dan Quinn knows how to call a defense.

It is the same thing as Sean Payton, Mr. Scot. Ex rivalries are hard to let go. I have no doubt that both Quinn and Payton would have this team competing much faster than any rookie HC.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's too big a job for one man. That's why there are so few of them anymore.

Hell, we just spent three years under a full control coach.

I get it, difference is, Rhule is a crap coach Payton is not. Not saying I’m advocating for Payton, but comparing this to Rhule seems odd to me. Payton has at least shown he can do it, heck, why not let him have it. It’s gotta be better that what we’ve seen for quite some time. Even going back to the Hurney days. Have we ever really had a good GM? Have we ever really had a coach of Payton’s caliber? 

On the flip side, if he messes up we are screwed. Gets to big headed…we are screwed. Anyway, thanks for your input, I’ve seen a lot of users say they don’t want a coach with full control but never say why. 

13 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I get it, difference is, Rhule is a crap coach Payton is not. Not saying I’m advocating for Payton, but comparing this to Rhule seems odd to me. Payton has at least shown he can do it, heck, why not let him have it. It’s gotta be better that what we’ve seen for quite some time. Even going back to the Hurney days. Have we ever really had a good GM? Have we ever really had a coach of Payton’s caliber? 

On the flip side, if he messes up we are screwed. Gets to big headed…we are screwed. Anyway, thanks for your input, I’ve seen a lot of users say they don’t want a coach with full control but never say why. 

I've hated that model since long before Rhule, honestly. Any one guy going unchecked can go really wrong, really fast.

Tepper has stated after the Rhule experience,  he wouldn't have a full control head coach again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Is he still scheduled to sit with us tomorrow? I want to see what the real demands are and not all of these reports. 

That kind of information almost never becomes public. We didn't even know the true dynamic between Fitts and Rhule for a long time.