• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t think they draft a QB”

ncfan

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But honestly, I think this reporter guy is full of poo and just talking out of his ass on the off chance that we don't draft a QB. We don't have a coaching staff yet. The folks with a lot of input on this aren't in place yet. True organizational level scouting on draft prospects is really just getting going. If you're saddling a new coach with Corral and/or Darnold, then yeah... welcome back, Wilks. Because dudes with other options are gonna peace out on that noise.

Yes exactly if we hire an offensive minded HC would he not also have a say in the QBs in this draft? Even if we hire a DC I'm sure the offensive staff he beings with him will also have input.. How is that information even out yet? 100% this guy has no clue what he's talking about this early into the draft process

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

image.png.dc57dd2c6b0c2f64964256bb3000f032.png

I'm not sure that this is what they are meaning. I like Corral but his chances of actually playing are slim to none. I think it's more because Stroud is likely going back to school and Young is the #1 guy and they aren't moving up for Levis and AR15 is basically a project. 

I'm okay with them not wasting a pick on a QB and getting much needed help in other positions. 

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Playing devil's advocate:

It's possible to realize you need a QB, realize your best bet is through the draft, and at the same time genuinely not believe any of the qb's in the current draft are the answer. Whether this is what's happening is anyone's guess, but them saying they don't like the current qb crop doesn't automatically mean they want to keep going after garbage FA options. they could have finally realized they need to draft one, then looked at this draft class and made a face. historically there have been entire drafts with no franchise qb in them, even when that fact wasn't recognized at the time.

This is one of those drafts.

57 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yes exactly if we hire an offensive minded HC would he not also have a say in the QBs in this draft? Even if we hire a DC I'm sure the offensive staff he beings with him will also have input.. How is that information even out yet? 100% this guy has no clue what he's talking about this early into the draft process

Going by the qb prospects alone he has about a 99% chance of being correct.Not a good qb class.

16 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Going by the qb prospects alone he has about a 99% chance of being correct.Not a good qb class.

No one knows how these kids will do in the NFL. Playing QB is more than just stats and arm talent. A lot of it goes into the make up of the person and how dedicated they are to their craft. You don't find that out by simply looking at stat sheets and watching tape. Way too early to tell if they are worth drafting or not

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Fitts thinks Corral is the answer just go ahead and fire him now and get it over with.

Im not saying he is the answer but by limited preseason and then injury you yourself can totally tell he isn't the answer right? If that is the case why are you a mod of team website and not scouting or a gm in the NFL? He may or may not be the answer and chances are no he is not the answer but what makes you so sure yourself? I don't even care for Fitt but you seem so definite on that judging by a partial preseason that he will never ever improve and absolutely not the answer. Just curious how you have come to this complete and total conclusion after a little snipet of a rookie preseason coached under Matt Rhule?

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Im not saying he is the answer but by limited preseason and then injury you yourself can totally tell he isn't the answer right? If that is the case why are you a mod of team website and not scouting or a gm in the NFL? He may or may not be the answer and chances are no he is not the answer but what makes you so sure yourself? I don't even care for Fitt but you seem so definite on that judging by a partial preseason that he will never ever improve and absolutely not the answer. Just curious how you have come to this complete and total conclusion after a little snipet of a rookie preseason coached under Matt Rhule?

What I've said is that you can't count on him for anything. You basically have to go about assembling your roster as if he isn't here. If he develops I to something, awesome! If he doesn't, oh well you've already planned accordingly anyway.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

It’s funny seeing Huddlers who are consistently pro-tank, also simultaneously outraged at the prospect of waiting another year to draft a franchise QB. Like isn’t this your guiding principle? Sacrificing short term success for the increased chance at sustained long term success? So if there’s a 20% chance that one of these QBs are going to pan out and become a franchise QB, while next year’s crop has a 40-50% chance, then you should be rooting for BPA at #9 (maybe a top WR) and starting Corral or Darnold and then taking Williams or Maye next year. Seems like statistically speaking, that’s the best odds for the long-term success that you guys are supposedly yearning for.

This is a bad take.

Every year the QB class losses the shine it had the year before as people pay more attention to the current crop. Now there is NIL money involved and extra years from COVID, so some guys are staying in school to get the easier money, and in some cases(non round one guys), more money than a rookie contract would pay them.

Most, if not all, of the people that wanted to tank didn't go into the season saying throw it away, they waited until they saw that the team and division were trash before deciding it would be better to tank for one of this year's QBs(Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson). Nobody in their right mind wants to keep wasting years to get a QB and start winning again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Every team in our division needs a QB but not necessarily in a position to get one next year plus you have the teams outside the division who will wait till year after next. Waiting is just a big gamble and doesn't guarantee anything at all and more than likely something we will lose out on.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1