• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance?

tukafan21

Gotta pass on this one unless it’s a 4th round pick or less. He hasn’t shown anything to merit giving away a high draft choice…or multiple high draft choices…for him.

Interesting scenario playing out in SF. We’re seeing that NFL teams can find quality players (including QBs) later in the draft. Of course a late round choice needs to be in the right environment to flourish (strong supporting cast, good coaching, and the player of course has to have a strong work ethic). In a bad environment any QB will likely fail no matter how high he was chosen in the draft.

Purdy and Jalen Hurts are proving that the top 10 (or top 5 for some tanking pundits) isn’t the only place to find a good QBs.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, what's ignorant about it? Lance has started four games and looked okay. Not great. Not terrible. Okay. Mr. Irrelevant looks a lot better. It is what it is.

You called him a bust after 3 games.  1 in which the offense was designed around him and that was in a monsoon in 6 inches of water.  Calling him a bust is borderline retarded.    Saying he has started 4 games and got hurt in the first is disingenuous at best.   Shannahan is clearly a top 5 coach in the nfl so I am going to side with him in these matters over some rando message board guy.   

• Poo 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• 4 AZ plan: -Stay at 4 and take MHJ. -Trade back to 6 with NYG or NE (* see ) and still take MHJ. 5 LAC plan: -Stay at 5 and take OT Alt (or I’m hearing maybe Latham over Alt?). -Move back to 11 and take OT Latham. 6 NYG plan: -Plan A: Want to move up to 3 for Maye. Don’t think NE will agree to move, but that’s what I hear NYG wants most. -Plan B: Odunze. I’m told they’re not gonna risk another OBJ/K. Toney situation. 7 TEN plan: -Take OT Alt if he’s still available (which could happen if LAC moved out of 5 and a QB was taken there. -Take OT Latham ***ATL at 8 and CHI at 9 could have multiple offers to trade back when they get on the clock, as teams behind them could be jockeying to move up for one of these guys: QB McCarthy, WR Nabers or Odunze, OT Alt or Latham, and TE Bowers. 8 ATL plan: -Take the top DEF player in the draft (EDGE Turner or DT Murphy) -Trade back a few spots and still take best available DEF player (EDGE Turner, DT Murphy or CB Arnold) 9 CHI plan: -Trade back and recover picks (only four picks this year). -DT Murphy II or best-available WR/EDGE/OT would be priorities after trade down. -Only caveat; CHI could stick at pick No. 9 if Odunze or Nabers falls. 10 NYJ plan: -Best available weapon for Aaron (Nabers, Odunze, Bowers) or LOT protector Aaron (insurance in ‘24 and long-term). -Can’t rule out a slight trade up (for a weapon) or a trade down (probably would wind up with OT at that point). 11 MIN plan: -Trade up for Maye -Trade up for JJ (but only if it doesn’t require breaking the bank with draft picks!) *I hear there’s a real cost-analysis going on in Minn… is it better to keep picks and land Penix at 11 or to pay a haul to move up for JJ. Very interesting debate! -Stay home at 11 and hope JJ falls. If not, take Penix. Finally, Saints, Rams, Steelers and Eagles are making a LOT of calls about moving up (NO = OT). And teams I’m hearing have interest in potentially moving up for TE Brock Bowers: -IND -JAX
    • My preference would be to move back 10 spots and pick up another 3rd.   Then I go 39. LB (wilson) 43. WR (leggett) 64. Edge (kneeland) 80. RB (benson) 101. TE (sinnott or wiley) 141. CB 142. C 240. WR (mcCringleberry)
    • https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-insider-notes-2024-nfl-draft-rams-eyeing-intriguing-trade-up-vikings-beginning-panic-qb-room     few nugs in there