• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance?

tukafan21

On 1/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, tukafan21 said:

What do you guys think the Niners will do next year with him and if they look to trade him, what kind of return do you think they'd be looking for?

It really wouldn't surprise me if they want to try and move forward with Purdy, particularly if they can sign Brady and have him learn under the GOAT for a year.

If that happens, have to think they end up trading Lance for some assets that can help them win now, depending what he'd cost, that could be a very intriguing option for trying to land a QB this year as opposed to trading up in the draft.

If the Panthers could get him for this years 2nd and next years 5th, i would be all for in on that.

• Pie 2

I am not saying that QB Trey Lance would be a great pickup but for those thinking the 49ers will give him away real cheap after what it it took to obtain  him, may need to reconsider.

Image result for is the 49ers qb trey lance a good qb in the nfl

" San Francisco's trade with the Dolphins 19 months ago allowed it to move up in that year's draft and select quarterback Trey Lance No. 3 overall, while Miami walked away with the No. 12 pick in 2021, first-round selections in 2022 and 2023 and a third-round pick in 2022. "

27 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

the guy played what 1 game in the rain and hes a bust? I'm glad a lot of you arent the decision makers over here. Yall are daying Matt Corral has shown more which is the ecscf opposite of whats true here. Lance has the tools. size running ability big are i would love to aquire for a 2 and maybe a little more.

We already have someone like that.

You can't compare him to Corral. Lance has been there for two years and has gotten tons and tons of reps and one on one coaching. 

Corral has gotten nothing 

11 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You can't compare him to Corral. Lance has been there for two years and has gotten tons and tons of reps and one on one coaching. 

Both had injuries.  Lance had more reps/experience, but also looked way better against starters that were in an actual game.  Corral looked worse against 3rd stringers (granted he was working with 3rd stringers as well), Lance just has a much larger ceiling IMO.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lance Earned a starting job on a good 49ers team that had jimmy G a proven vet. Corral couldnt earn reps over Walker a meh sam and a bad cast off from cleveland. Corral was a 3rd talent and lance a 1st round talent in a good qb class.

• Pie 1