• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

3 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

but they gag themselves over a guy like Herbert... 

how Herbert is seemingly getting a pass last night blows my mind.

Guy missed a few lay up throws with one of them being a TD

It was 27-0. Takes a lot more than just bad coaching to blow a lead like that

• Pie 2

Vicks allowed his opinion, but stepping back and looking at it from Lamars position, he has no money guaranteed, playing on an injury jeopardizes him from collecting a big contract because the ravens have been reluctant to pay him.  I think if he had a contract past this year, you'd bet he'd be out there, but because he would have to risk his next contract, he's thinking with his head not his heart.  

That said, I absolutely would love to see Lamar in panthers colors, especially if we go with wilks as a coach because the threat of him running while playing a power run game would be very good for us and the NFC south in general is not equipped to stop that kind of game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The team's that pursued deals like the one you're advocating look even worse.

All of Watson, Wilson, and Lamar are completely different situations. Watson hadn’t played football in 2 seasons, most think Pete knew Wilson may be past his prime, and Lamar just can’t stay healthy a full season (& may be losing his locker room). Not advocating for Lamar, but I don’t think we can keep comparing all three situations just because of bad play. A lot of factors in play. 

If next season Watson and/ Wilson plays great then what. Big IF but who knows with a new coaching staff, etc.

To give up what it would take to trade for him and then to give him a massive fully guaranteed contract, for a player who is an average passer who's game is predicated on his running ability who keeps getting lower body injuries and can't stay on the field.....

Would be the dumbest thing any franchise could ever do, as I've said before, there is a reason the Ravens haven't given him his contract he wants, they know he's not going to be a long term franchise QB for a variety of reasons.

If we did it, might as well just stop being a fan for about 5 years while the franchise tanks and has to completely re-set itself.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

About him vs his teammates, no I don’t.

About him as a quarterback, he’s good but hasn’t proven to be great yet, especially not in the playoffs.

About making a massive trade for him? Hell no.

He’s an mvp and putting up numbers he has with the WRs he has had is pretty amazing. 

• Pie 1