• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

19 hours ago, KSpan said:

Why would Philly give up Hurts?

It was just an example of somebody I would be willing to give up lots for and a big contract. Lamar Jackson I wouldn't give up that much for but if it were Jalen Hurts I most definitely would. I believe Hurts will prove to be a much better player than Jackson. I just don't think Lamar is worth what he wants in a contract and we would have to give up on compensation to get him.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, frankw said:

The ringleader of bountygate? Come on lol. I was referring to you labeling him a quitter. We've had players here who have been oft injured but I haven't seen the "quitter" label casually tossed around. Injury prone sure but not outright saying a guy is only looking out for himself and screwing over the team. And Michael Vick of all people should know better than to say that after what he went through. It sounds hypocritical but that's his right. Social media now is full of whispers and claims of sources. Much of it is just nonsense. After what happen to Griffin and Newton over the years through all the wear and tear that eventually led to the demise of his career I do not blame a man for not wanting to further risk injury. We aren't talking minor discomfort. Knee injuries are a different story. It's kind of wild to see all this after Damar Hamlin too. I said it when it happened much of the concern was performative. Most fans don't actually care one way or another they just want to be entertained and telling a guy to just put a brace on it and possibly go blow out his knee is a pretty clear example of that.

Yeah, when you think about it Payton sounded pretty stupid, and like the asshole that he is. It's hard to believe that some people are cosigning it...Not!😉

On 1/16/2023 at 3:54 PM, ForJimmy said:

lol right?  But think about it, replace Zach Wilson with Lamar Jackson and that team will be a tough opponent.  

That is absolutely true - The Jets could have easily put up 10 wins this season Lamar would be enough to put them in a strong spot to make a playoff run.

3 minutes ago, PantherMan89 said:

If this is what it would take, pass. 

Would Tepper part with rising star cornerback Jaycee Horn, the No. 9 pick, a future first-round pick and a future second-round pick for Jackson? That seems reasonable.

https://t.co/GvVsUHBrBG

That deal would not make sense. The value of Horn is higher than a future first. I could see Panthers offering 2 firsts and a 2nd... but not a player, unless it created cap relief. 

9 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

I make perfect sense.  You posted enough in the tinderbox to show who you are.  Your post here are of zero surprise to anyone who saw you fail and flounder in the tinderbox.

Lamar Jackson averages about 200yds a game passing for his career. 

He has only won a single playoff game.

I don't think he's worth what it would take to have him.

He's just not good enough for the price.

Why do you think he is?

I'd rather draft AR15 and at least have him for cheap.

Or just wait a year and choose between Maye and Williams with Penix as a fall back option.

We have traded too many picks away for too long. We have paid too many big contracts for guys who can't produce. 

At some point we have to stop paying be it picks or money and get our house in order.

Why do you think Lamar is the answer?