• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

11 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lamar Jackson averages about 200yds a game passing for his career. 

He has only won a single playoff game.

I don't think he's worth what it would take to have him.

He's just not good enough for the price.

Why do you think he is?

I'd rather draft AR15 and at least have him for cheap.

Or just wait a year and choose between Maye and Williams with Penix as a fall back option.

We have traded too many picks away for too long. We have paid too many big contracts for guys who can't produce. 

At some point we have to stop paying be it picks or money and get our house in order.

Why do you think Lamar is the answer?

How are we going to pick Caleb Williams or Maye next year? We are going to have a similar record next year and not be in a position to pick them. Would you rather trade a fortune for an established and MVP caliber player in Jackson or for an unknown in Maye/Williams? 

• Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lamar Jackson averages about 200yds a game passing for his career. 

He has only won a single playoff game.

I don't think he's worth what it would take to have him.

He's just not good enough for the price.

Why do you think he is?

I'd rather draft AR15 and at least have him for cheap.

Or just wait a year and choose between Maye and Williams with Penix as a fall back option.

We have traded too many picks away for too long. We have paid too many big contracts for guys who can't produce. 

At some point we have to stop paying be it picks or money and get our house in order.

Why do you think Lamar is the answer?

Well A. I am in Baltimore and have seen him play close to 50 times.  And yes injuries are an issue - so absolutely that is a consideration.  If he was healthy Sunday I would put down a grand easily they would have won.  Lamar is very capable of winning playoff games.  

He is also very capable of putting up 250 yards a game and with the right mix could get closer to 300.  You have to take him as a 200-250 yard per game passer PLUS putting plus 50 yards in rushing.  The guy is a major threat to any team.

And if you want to wait a year - Give me a good breakdown why Maye should be in the same discussion as Caleb.

Your layout of reasons to not take him are fine, but you have a bias ( and it plays in to your thoughts on him and I am sorry but it needs calling out.

Edited by Fryfan

12 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

How are we going to pick Caleb Williams or Maye next year? We are going to have a similar record next year and not be in a position to pick them. Would you rather trade a fortune for an established and MVP caliber player in Jackson or for an unknown in Maye/Williams? 

Well Lamar had one season.

A one hit wonder.

He hasn't progressed at all.

When a team is willing to let a MVP talent go there is a reason. 

How often does it work out for the new team?

Secondly. 

We have no idea what draft position we will be in next year. New coach could suck. We could have tons of injuries. 

The bad teams this year taking QBs could be the bad teams next year taking QBs which could push someone down to us.

15 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Well A. I am in Baltimore and have seen him play close to 50 times.  And yes injuries are an issue - so absolutely that is a consideration.  If he was healthy Sunday I would put down a grand easily they would have won.  Lamar is very capable of winning playoff games.  

He is also very capable of putting up 250 yards a game and with the right mix could get closer to 300.  You have to take him as a 200-250 yard per game passer PLUS putting plus 50 yards in rushing.  The guy is a major threat to any team.

And if you want to wait a year - Give me a good breakdown why Maye should be in the same discussion as Caleb.

Your layout of reasons to not take him are fine, but you have a bias ( and it plays in to your thoughts on him and I am sorry but it needs calling out.

What bias. Lay it out?

That I want our first good passer in years?

That I want a Patrick Mahomes Josh Allen Aaron Rodgers Tom Brady level distributor of the football?

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

What bias. Lay it out?

That I want a Patrick Mahomes Josh Allen Aaron Rodgers Tom Brady level distributor of the football?

The bias you let fly in the TB.  Jeez you just mention the name Kaepernick and it sets people like you off.  The bar is higher for some...

Edited by Fryfan

2 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

The bias you let fly in the TB.  Jeez you just mention the name Kaepernick and it sets people like you off.  The bar is higher for some...

Lol when have I mentioned him?

What does he have to do with acquiring Lamar Jackson or the Panthers offseason plans?

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

What bias. Lay it out?

You want Josh Allen? We should take a chance on AR and bring in Kafka. That’s our best shot at a Josh Allen. If he busts we just try again.

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol when have I mentioned him?

What does he have to do with acquiring Lamar Jackson or the Panthers offseason plans?

Just play dumb.  Actually you dont need to play...

As I mentioned for many the bar is higher for some than others, if you never posted in the TB I would not know what your case was.  Since you did you certainly fall in the higher bar camp.

Enjoy.

Just read an article on ESPN where his teammates absolutely want him back, want the Ravens to pay him, and understand his position. Plus, like he said, he was quite injured and wouldn’t have been able to play.

lol at “he’s a quitter” and “his teammates have a problem with what he’s doing”

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You want Josh Allen? We should take a chance on AR and bring in Kafka. That’s our best shot at a Josh Allen. If he busts we just try again.

I'm not diametrically opposed to AR15.

Ideally if we went that route and could move down and still get him fine.

If not I wouldn't mind Darnold 2years 8 mil per.

Golden Corral

AR15

Keep 3 QBs and let the best Play. Pure meritocracy. 

I do think AR15 has a huge boom or bust potential. 

I don't think Corral should just be dumped on the trash heap.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Just read an article on ESPN where his teammates absolutely want him back, want the Ravens to pay him, and understand his position. Plus, like he said, he was quite injured and wouldn’t have been able to play.

lol at “he’s a quitter” and “his teammates have a problem with what he’s doing”

Who is doubting he's injured? If you can't play you can't play.

5 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Just play dumb.  Actually you dont need to play...

As I mentioned for many the bar is higher for some than others, if you never posted in the TB I would not know what your case was.  Since you did you certainly fall in the higher bar camp.

Enjoy.

It must be difficult having your whole life controlled by your political beliefs.

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

He's just not worth the guaranteed contract. Serious injury and your future is wrecked. He quit on his team but so did Anthony Robinson and a lot of people want him.  Deshaun wasn't worth a guaranteed contract either (no one is) but at least he can throw. 

How did he quit? He’s injured

• Pie 1